The Nissan Club banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I certainly will keep you and everyone in this club informed. The lawyers that sued this case and won, contacted me this past Friday. They told me to be patient. They are gathering information from hundreds of other people with the same complaint. They will then contact Nissan's corporate headquarters and then go from there. I'm hoping they sue them again. We're all in if they do. Nissan will regret denying so many people the ability to drive at night. Their reputation is shot to h***!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I certainly will keep you and everyone in this club informed. The lawyers that sued this case and won, contacted me this past Friday. They told me to be patient. They are gathering information from hundreds of other people with the same complaint. They will then contact Nissan's corporate headquarters and then go from there. I'm hoping they sue them again. We're all in if they do. Nissan will regret denying so many people the ability to drive at night. Their reputation is shot to h***!
Thanks Jackie H. I want to confirm that you're working with " Chimicles Schwartz Kriner & Donaldson-Smith LLP "? I will also write them if so.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks Jackie H. I want to confirm that you're working with " Chimicles Schwartz Kriner & Donaldson-Smith LLP "? I will also write them if so.
Yes Parisa920. Everyone rejected should contact them at [email protected].
The paralegal Justin Boyer is in charge of collecting the information from everyone rejected from Nissan's "free headlight" bogus campaign. Good luck Parisa920.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I qualified for new headlight assemblies but I will need to wait an indeterminate amount of time to get them installed as they were back ordered today.

Something fishy is going on with this. The work order document I was given showed the headlight assembly replacement was covered under Nissan ID PC861
and NHTSA code NTB22-024.

Check your VIN on this Nissan website to see if you qualify. Details about this are scarce to none.

View attachment 103032
Just wanting to find out if the dealerships are charging to test your headlights. I called our local dealership and they wanted to charge me a service fee of $189.00. Can they do this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just wanting to find out if anyone is having to pay to have the dealerships look at your headlights. I called our local dealership and they wanted to charge me a $189.00 service fee. Can they do this?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Just wanting to find out if anyone is having to pay to have the dealerships look at your headlights. I called our local dealership and they wanted to charge me a $189.00 service fee. Can they do this?
Did you check your VIN on the Nissan website I linked? If you sent in the post card or signed up online for the settlement, your VIN should've been added to the database Nissan created so that stealerships would see that you had when they ran your VIN for recalls you haven't (or the car's previous owner) didn't. Below is what you'll see if your VIN is on the database. Tell the dealer to check your car's VIN for recalls, then they should check your headlight assemblies for free. This applies only for 2013 to 2015 and some 2016 Altimas that are outside of the extended warranty period of six years (PC861)

However, if your VIN is NOT on this database, the dealer can and will charge you for the inspection if you want it done IF YOUR ALTIMA IS OLDER THAN SIX YEARS. Not worth it as it's something you can do if you want to find out if your headlights are no good. I did this inspection and found mine were no good.

If your Altima is six years old or newer, you are still within the extended warranty period and only need to mention this and PC807 to get the inspection completed for free and hopefully get the replacement headlight assemblies for free too, fat chance.

Still waiting (most likely until the Sun converts all of is hydrogen into helium and other heavier elements) for my replacement assemblies to arrive at my stealership as I qualified for them.

Font Darkness Brand Circle Slope

·
Registered
11 Posts
nope they should not be. I would report this to Justin Boyer [email protected].
The paralegal Justin Boyer is in charge of collecting the information from everyone rejected from Nissan's "free headlight" bogus campaign. (see above posts)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Parisa, you're partially correct. ONLY Customers that have obtained approval by the Settlement Administrator are included in this VSC. Dealers will inspect for delamination and, if necessary, replace both the right and left Halogen Headlamps. Copied directly from the PC861 campaign bulletin this was. This is only for Altimas that are out of the extended warranty period which is all 2013 to 2015 and some 2016s.

If n2relaxn2 has a 2016 to 2018 Altima, all they have to do is mention the warranty extension (PC807) if their Altima is six years old or newer. If they have a 2016 they have less than a year left to get inspected, some owners have only days remaining ! The PC861 campaign customers have until Sep 23, 2022 to get inspected.

And yet, very few of us are going to get free replacement headlight assemblies (or reimbursement for them). Nissan hired only the best attorneys to settle this hugely in their favor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Parisa, you're partially correct. ONLY Customers that have obtained approval by the Settlement Administrator are included in this VSC. Dealers will inspect for delamination and, if necessary, replace both the right and left Halogen Headlamps. Copied directly from the PC861 campaign bulletin this was. This is only for Altimas that are out of the extended warranty period which is all 2013 to 2015 and some 2016s.

If n2relaxn2 has a 2016 to 2018 Altima, all they have to do is mention the warranty extension (PC807) if their Altima is six years old or newer. If they have a 2016 they have less than a year left to get inspected, some owners have only days remaining ! The PC861 campaign customers have until Sep 23, 2022 to get inspected.

And yet, very few of us are going to get free replacement headlight assemblies (or reimbursement for them). Nissan hired only the best attorneys to settle this hugely in their favor.
Has anyone received a replacement yet? I’ve been waiting 52 days since they ordered my replacements upon failed inspection resulting in me qualifying for the replacements. It says parts are on order at this time per stealership work order as of the first day of April (please, no April Fool’s jokes, don’t want to read them, especially after reading all of these despairing posts - this is no joke). I haven’t read one success story yet. Anyone?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts