The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta change the front cat on my 97 Altima(~$800 parts/labor for a shop to do it, so I'm trying to save money). I've got a good amount of tools and a Haynes manual, but I've never done anything to this level before, just oil changes, tune ups and brake pad replacements. Anyone have tips or instructions??

·
Registered
383 Posts
I’ve heard that catalytic converters have gone significantly due to the rare metals coming from China. If you can even get an after market one are you outside of CA? If so it may be easier to get. Your going to need some penetrating oil to break rusted bolts free it’s not to bad of a job if the bolts don’t snap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve heard that catalytic converters have gone significantly due to the rare metals coming from China. If you can even get an after market one are you outside of CA? If so it may be easier to get. Your going to need some penetrating oil to break rusted bolts free it’s not to bad of a job if the bolts don’t snap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn't mind going aftermarket but there's not many, if any that are CA legal.. for the moment, I just want to replace an OEM type cat to pass smog

1 - 3 of 3 Posts