The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if anyone else has had problems with the storage compartment under the radio. My car is in getting repaired today for this problem ( door won't close) the funny thing is that I rent a car and it just so happens they give me an Altima which has the same problem but this is a 2003 with 6000 miles. so much for working out all the bugs in the first year. I smell a recall

·
Bad Boys are Back!!!
12,088 Posts
Well it happened to me too and then I started my investigation.......It seems that when you slightly open that door, from the inside touch the upper part, you will see that you can feel some wires going to the stereo etc., what seems to be happening is that those wires come down blocking the door to open fully. So i just took some tape and put those wires in for good and no problem ever since...........see if that helps !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey guys just asking a question. I am in automotive interiors and you are right I do expect perfection because that is what I am held to in this industry. I expect a functional to function don't you?
Automon

·
Shift_lefty
1,001 Posts
For the price of the car, that stuff should work. Last time I checked we didn't buy a Hyundai or a Kia.

·
Smoked Out
2,551 Posts
It's funny you asked this today becasue the same thing happened to my car this weekend, the door just doesn't snap closed! It really pissed me off too because there doesn't appear to be anything broken. I push it down and it just goes back up!!:angry6:

And to the rest of ya'll ragging on Automon, is your compartment door broken? I bet it isn't, cause I bet you'd be on here bitchin bout it too...just chill, we don't need those comments...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Automon said:
I would like to know if anyone else has had problems with the storage compartment under the radio. My car is in getting repaired today for this problem ( door won't close) the funny thing is that I rent a car and it just so happens they give me an Altima which has the same problem but this is a 2003 with 6000 miles. so much for working out all the bugs in the first year. I smell a recall
Yup. I’ve had this problem. The plastic catch (p/n 96933-8J000 PUSHPIN-FI) on the lower left hand side is broken and needs to be replaced. They fixed it under warranty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts