The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
2015 Nissan Altima S 2.5
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

During our recent "Snowpocalypse 2016" on the East Coast, I had to drive through deep snow/ice on several occasions. Unbeknownst to me until today, I cracked my front fascia (bumper covering) on my 2015 Altima.

I doubt it can be repaired - and it is likely I will have to get the entire fascia replaced (probably repainted as well, since it will likely come unfinished). I have a $500 deductible with my collision/comprehensive coverage on my insurance policy; so I am likely going to have to pay out of pocket.

Anyone ever had this type of thing done before? How much did it cost you? Did the stealership do it or did you use an "independent" body shop for the repair?

I had to get a similar thing done to my 2002 Nissan Sentra many years ago and it was just under $500 "cash" at an independent shop. I am assuming it might be a bit more for the Altima.

Thanks very much for any advice or replies.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts

·
2015 Nissan Altima S 2.5
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Front Fascia

Fifty bucks for aftermarket parts? Wow! That seems very cheap.

With the car being "new" and a 2015 model, I should probably try get an OEM part. I was hoping they might come already painted, but no such luck.

Thanks for the reply. I am going to get two body shop estimates this week - just to see what they say.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
$50 for 'economy' $130 for the next level and $200 and change for a refurb--play around on RockAuto and see. Just providing options...you're in the driver seat.

·
2015 Nissan Altima S 2.5
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Yeah, gonna go and get an estimate or two tomorrow if I can.

Too bad they don't come pre-painted.

·
Registered
286 Posts

During our recent "Snowpocalypse 2016" on the East Coast, I had to drive through deep snow/ice on several occasions. Unbeknownst to me until today, I cracked my front fascia (bumper covering) on my 2015 Altima.

I doubt it can be repaired - and it is likely I will have to get the entire fascia replaced (probably repainted as well, since it will likely come unfinished). I have a $500 deductible with my collision/comprehensive coverage on my insurance policy; so I am likely going to have to pay out of pocket.

Anyone ever had this type of thing done before? How much did it cost you? Did the stealership do it or did you use an "independent" body shop for the repair?

I had to get a similar thing done to my 2002 Nissan Sentra many years ago and it was just under $500 "cash" at an independent shop. I am assuming it might be a bit more for the Altima.

Thanks very much for any advice or replies.
Mine is cracked too. I just pushed it until the crack was all lined up again and then I was going to put bondo on the inside of the bumper the keep it lined up. But honestly it hasn't been bugging me and it's almost unnoticable unless you are looking right at the bumper. People walking by don't notice. Also the bumper on our 2015 has been around since 2012 so it's not like it's really new. So check ebay for $100 to $300 you might find one off a car that was hit in the rear but is already your color. Certifit.com has cheap brand new okay quality body pieces; the bumper cover for my 2003 Buick in 2005 ran $35 and the metal hood was $79.

·
2015 Nissan Altima S 2.5
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I went to a local body shop this morning and he gave me a "rough quote" of $800+ for a complete remove, replace and repaint -- with all OEM parts. He said it would look 'brand new' and nobody would be able to tell that a repair was made.

That sounded a bit high, so I will get a second opinion. I will be paying cash - no insurance - on this, as my deductible is $500 on my collision/comprehensive coverage.

P.S. Thanks again for the replies!

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Can you post pics of this damage?

I don't see why a crack can't be repaired. Bondo, sand, paint, buff. Unless it's much more severe, a pic would help.

·
2015 Nissan Altima S 2.5
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I am trying to attach an image, but it is not working. Not sure why.

·
2015 Nissan Altima S 2.5
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Photo Of Damaged Front Fascia

Here are two photos of the damage:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey OP...

I own a 2010 Altima. it got in an accident and i had to replace the buper. As far as i know you can get one from eBay. you can send them the paint code and they will paint and ship it to you for free. I got mine from MBI Auto. i have a thread if you want to see the color match.

just my .02

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Maybe a front stillen lip spoiler can cover that up, it goes right over that area and it'll look cooler! I'm having mine painted and installed next month.

·
Registered
286 Posts

Here are two photos of the damage:
Before you get a new bumper painted you need to look up the stillen lip spoiler thread. It's sick as hell and you can get it all painted at once for no extra money.

LOL....and that folks is why you reply after reading all the previous posts:)

Reactions: JK 23112

·
2015 Nissan Altima S 2.5
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Before you get a new bumper painted you need to look up the stillen lip spoiler thread. It's sick as hell and you can get it all painted at once for no extra money.

LOL....and that folks is why you reply after reading all the previous posts:)

Not really sure that a Stillen lip spoiler is quite the right thing for me or my Altima......but I like the way you are thinking!

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Recently I went to the Toyota dealership to replace a hubcap that had the clips broken. They wanted $90 for one hubcap and they were on back order. I went on the internet and found a set of 4 hubcaps for $100. When they arrived I compared them to the original hubcap and they were identical.

Sometimes the aftermarket industry has oem parts.

Reactions: JK 23112

·
Registered
286 Posts

·
bessington
73 Posts
I had my front bumper cracked from a raccoon last year. I also had some damage to a quarter panel and the wheel well was no where to be found. All of that was fixed for about $1,200 but my work paid for it so it didn't cost me anything.

They didn't replace the bumper, they used some form of plastic welding that didn't oxidize the plastic and they repainted it. It looked like nothing ever happened to it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts