The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, i'm not sure whut i'm trying 2 ask.....you know the grill (i guess that's whut its called) in the front, but not between the headlights.....the one where u'd put fog lights. Well, how do u seal that up a lil bit, like with mesh type shit or something?
okay i dunno if i made sense, but if anyone understands me, please help! :)

·
Just another ricer
2,177 Posts
Don't worry, you made sense. Alot of the mebers have made their own with gutter mesh from home depot. Sopposodly, grillcraft is making one for us. There is a couple sites that claim to have it but not sure what they were.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I got the gutter mesh. I put it over the turn signals, between the two bars in the top grill and behind the opening on the lower bumper opening.

For the turn sig-
Cut the shape, undo the screw and screw it back on with the mesh behind it.

For the middle grill (one with 3 long openings)-
Cut 3 long strips and hold it back to the grill with wire.

For the lower bumper-
I don't know how to get it between the 3 pillars, but I just put mine behind them and it looks good

I also painted my gutter mesh white, which looks good
Joe

·
Banned
865 Posts
altimavixen how'd you get it to fit so good? cause when I put mine on it was like all warped and some sides there was a gap and stuff

·
446 Posts
Yeah it looks phat but i have no clue how you attached it? Did you use screws, glue, ect.... How exactly does it need to be attached? Would it easier it attach it in the front or the back?(talking about the wide opening under the headlights)

·
Girl-Moderator
4,061 Posts
Thanks all!
It's my bf's handy work. We cut a template first. Then left a little bit of extra mesh, just bigger than the template, so he could make it contoured. It's connected with 3 tiny 1/4" screws tucked way up high, each on one of those 3 pillars in the "mouth".

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
You can also get a billet grille like I have. I have both the bottom and the top. The bottom I beleive is made by Trenz. It is real easy to put on. It takes like 5 mins. It is real tight looking. It costs like 160.00 or so. It has been awhile so I don't remember. It looks 10 times better than that mesh. I had that on before and this clowns that. It makes the mesh look like kindergarden work!!

·
Girl-Moderator
4,061 Posts
I am sure your grills look nice,,,sure better for $160 bones. I am very comfortable with the $2.99 for the mesh and I think it looks good. I'd much rather spend the other $157.01 on something else. Like towards the header I am getting in the groupbuy ;)

·
Registered
935 Posts
So I have to go and buy a gutter mesh grill and pre cut the shape of my grill and them put it in with either screws or wires? I want to do this within the next few hours so if someone could just verify that it would be great. Thanks very much

·
Girl-Moderator
4,061 Posts
that's what he did. the mesh is pretty sharp, so recommend gloves, but the template we cut with just a piece of cardboard for the general shape and size. The mesh is very light so u should be fine with 3 small screws. Mine has been in for 2-3 months now.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Cut the mesh to the shape and I used fishing wire to hold it in place, You can also use plastic ties or whatever ingenius thing you come up with.

And by the way I got both upper and lower billet grilles which cost me like 300 bucks for free through my insurance, after my accident. But they are worth every penny. It makes the car look completely different. I look back at some of my pictures with the mesh and laugh.

Also you guys can see what my car looks like at: www.audioaltima.com

It doesnt show the grilles but at least you can see my ride.

·
Registered
935 Posts
ill tell you what crazy mike...your car looks good man. how low did you drop it? Did you just get lowering springs or the camber kit and struts too?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
crazymike how bout some updates of ur car!!
-Smacko

1 - 15 of 15 Posts