The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
3.5 SE
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front driver side speaker blew this morning. The car is 1 year and 2 days old. This sucks, because now I have to go into the dealer so that they can see that it is broken, then wait for them to order the new one, and then go back so they can put it in. This sucks, what a big production just for a crappy speaker.

·
18" SHOES
308 Posts
Happened to me too. Look at it this way at least its free. For the time being just balance everything to the rear.:mad:

·
Registered
442 Posts
if it isn't covered by warranty, just go by best buy and buy a new 6 1/2 speaker maybe with a tweater too to replace the stock ones... should get better quality sound... you can also turn it up louder and not worry about blowing it again...

·
3.5 SE
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can’t believe it!

My car is possessed. On the way to the dealer to have them look at this, the speaker magically fixed itself. It sounds fine now. I don’t get it. This morning it was crackling, and had that paper flapping sound. It wasn’t my cd, because it happened on the radio and cd. I even listen to that same track again really loud, and nothing. Maybe I’m going crazy. I think it might be because it was my cars anniversary and mine on Tuesday, and I didn’t get her anything. :D

The dealer still took a look at it, and everything seemed fine. They said they would still order a new one if I wanted. I figured I would just wait and see if it happens again.

·
Life, Liberty, Pursuit of
1,320 Posts
pull the door panel off

and inspect it. only takes like 5 minutes to pull the door panel off

just pry the window control inset trim piece out with a small screwdriver and pull the 3 or 4 screws out and voila it comes no problem. (lower door light has to come out as well) IF it takes you more than 10 minutes you are doing something wrong.

·
3.5 SE
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: pull the door panel off

snolden said:
and inspect it. only takes like 5 minutes to pull the door panel off

just pry the window control inset trim piece out with a small screwdriver and pull the 3 or 4 screws out and voila it comes no problem. (lower door light has to come out as well) IF it takes you more than 10 minutes you are doing something wrong.
so do you think that might be something wrong still? It sounds fine, just like the rest now. I am still a little worried though. Its just to plain weird.

·
3.5 SE
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guess what? It did it again this morning. I wasnt far from the dealer so I called them, told them it was doing it again, and I was going to bring it in right now so they could listen to it before it magically heals itself. What do you know, a few blocks before I get to the dealer, it clears up, and sounds normal. I dont get it, when it goes bad it sounds REALLY bad. Well, I called the dealer back, they said they will just order a new speaker, and call me when it comes in.

·
<for hire>
2,769 Posts
Potentially a bad wire connection somewhere? I'd take the door panel off and look at it (or let the dealer do it if it's free..)

·
Registered
288 Posts
yeah...what kind of noise is it making? does it sound like something coming out of the speaker? or is it a mechanical noise?

The dealer already said there isn't anything wrong with the speaker, so I'm guessing it's not a 'blown' speaker as you first said or the sound would be really, really, ugly and it would happen all the time.

I also think it's a wiring problem. If it's a crackling noise it sounds to me like it's a connection somewhere that's very loose...and maybe when the road is a little rough it disconnects and reconnects itself which could possibly be making the noise. Have the dealer check the speaker wiring harness in the door and behind the reciever to see if that's the problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts