The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought at 2008 Altima 2.5 SL with Bose w/o Nav. It has the factory Bose speakers and amp but no sound coming from front dash speakers. There is sound coming from the door speakers.

What's the easiest way to test where the problem might be?

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,934 Posts
Pop out the vents above the radio, maybe the radio too, to get access to the speaker terminals. Measure the resistance across the speaker terminals once you disconnect the wiring (assuming it isn't already disconnected and the actual problem)...my guess is the speaker coil is burnt (ie open circuit).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, going to try that. Would one burnt coil cause all 3 front speakers to be out?

·
6,934 Posts
No, each speaker has it's own wiring back to the Bose amp. If all front speakers are out then I'd be looking at possible issues with the front source (signal) wiring from HU back to amp, or perhaps more simply, one of the 15A supply fuses has blown. Let's start by checking fuses #25 and #26 (both 15A) and make sure the amp is getting all the power it needs.

Unfortunately those two fuses are in the +ve battery terminal assembly as shown below

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked those fuses, all were good. I bought a wiring harness so I could try a different head unit when I get some time.

I'm thinking it is going to a problem with the amp. None of the 3 front speakers are working. The 2 door speakers DO have sound coming from them when I turn the fader to the front. Sounds like only mids coming through as expected.

·
6,934 Posts
Yeah, that doesn't sound good at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts