The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently my 08 altima sedans front windows have been rolling down on their own with the car off.

I first noticed at my girlfriends game, i came out to the car, and the front windows were all the way down. I thought maybe I just forgot to roll them up.

So I go home, and pay attention to having the windows rolled all the way up, and come out this morning, and whudddddaaaayaaa know....both front windows are all the way down.

The key fob is no where near me during this process. Also, while driving the car, i noticed the door locks randomly shudder to lock and/or unlock.

Anyone else with the problem? I plan to go to the dealer today

·
Registered
366 Posts
Creepy, maybe..your car is haunted! However I would deffinently take it to a dealer, problem now is getting them to replicate the problem, if the time frame is as you indicate they may need to keep your car overnight though, or over day..or something like that. Any hows bro good luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Creepy, maybe..your car is haunted! However I would deffinently take it to a dealer, problem now is getting them to replicate the problem, if the time frame is as you indicate they may need to keep your car overnight though, or over day..or something like that. Any hows bro good luck!
yeah i know right.

well it did it in a 2 hour span when i was at my girlfriends game.
then overnight when i went out to the it the next morning. i have it sitting in our parking garage at work, and i went down there after it sat for about 45 minutes and the windows were still up.

i wonder if it has something to do with before getting out of the car, using the auto-rollup feature, then leaving

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know you said the key fob was no where near by but it is about all the help I can lend. I was just make sure that when you are putting the key fob in your pocket or elsewhere that you aren't holding in the unlock button. The fob has better range than you would think and it could be possible it is happening as you walk away from the car. I have had it happen at home because my wife grabbed her purse and shifted a few things and the unlock button got pushed in by something else in her purse. These buttons are BIG targets for anything. I can't tell you the number of times I have had my key ring set off the panic alarm just bending over to pick something up.

·
Black is the new Black
213 Posts
If there's something strange....in your neighborhood....
Who ya gonna call?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Lol...who would have thunk it. A car forum with people that have a sense of humor. This is definently not a BMW or Audi forum.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would check and make sure the unlock button on the fob is not stuck or get sticky. If the under laying button is stuck, you should pay attention to the led light and see if it is flashing randomly.

·
Not an unregistered user
2,282 Posts
Sounds like you have some BCM issues, if it's not the remote

·
Registered
82 Posts
It has happened to me a number of times. You can be in the house, with the key FOB in your pocket and your windows will go down. All that needs to happen is somehow the UNLOCK button is inadvertently pressed for 3 seconds. The manual indicates that it only works as far as 33 feet away, however I think it can work even farther. The worst case was when I was at my sisters house and I went to pickup something in the garage. My car was parked outside and the next day I saw that my windows were down and it had rained overnight. What a mess. I am thinking about having the dealer disable the windows down using the key FOB.

·
Fatty McFat fat
614 Posts
I had my windows roll down halfway due to me crouching and somehting pressing on the lunock for a time...but if it is rolling down by themselves, you should go hit up the dealer and have the fob reprogrammed.

hopefully that will fix it. There was a thread how some people's trunks kept popping open by themselves.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I had a similar issue after I had my windows tinted...the guy that tinted the windows didn't realize that some of his water spray was getting down into the drivers window control module and shorted it out...my rear windows would go down by themselves and the passenger front one would go down really slow and then wouldn't go back up...the door locks would click by themselves too...I took it to the dealer and they replaced the drivers control panel under warranty...I never told them it was from the tint job...oops...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the replies - i figured i would get the "your key fob in your pocket reply" so i have tested your theory out.

i went to on the border for dinner on saturday night, had my girlfriend place my keys on the table with nothing near it. i come back out and the 2 front windows were rolled all the way down. took the car home, put it in the garage and took the other car out and check the altima the next morning....windows are back down, BOTH key fobs (which one doesnt even work since ive owned the car) were sitting on the counter the entire time.

i've taken it to the dealer, and they swear its the key fob battery which is low (so i replaced it) and/or the car battery level is low (bullshit, its an 08 that is less than 8 months old, that shows no wear or difficulty starting the car).

anyway, i'm going to take it to another dealer and let them think i am crazy. i know a good amount about car electronics and this one just boggles my mind. if you do a search from posts from me, you'll see i had a thread about my BCM shorting out. so the dealer replaced it, and i wonder if this new BCM they installed is faulty as well, or having some issue with it. i'll keep yall posted

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would check and make sure the unlock button on the fob is not stuck or get sticky. If the under laying button is stuck, you should pay attention to the led light and see if it is flashing randomly.
great idea, but it even happens at my office, with the car down on the 3rd floor (underground parking) while i'm 13 stories of office above it. it doesnt work that far, so its not the button sticking...which i was it was.

·
Fatty McFat fat
614 Posts
i would get the fob reprogrammed first and see if that is is...if not, then at least you know that wasnt the program.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It is NOT your key FOB. I have the same problem. I tested it with the batteries removed from remote, drove 10 miles away from the remote and the freaking windows still did it all day long.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just recently my 08 altima sedans front windows have been rolling down on their own with the car off.

I first noticed at my girlfriends game, i came out to the car, and the front windows were all the way down. I thought maybe I just forgot to roll them up.

So I go home, and pay attention to having the windows rolled all the way up, and come out this morning, and whudddddaaaayaaa know....both front windows are all the way down.

The key fob is no where near me during this process. Also, while driving the car, i noticed the door locks randomly shudder to lock and/or unlock.

Anyone else with the problem? I plan to go to the dealer today
I have a 2011 Altima Coupe and I’m experiencing the same exact problems and in addition to everything you mentioned my gear is now struggling to get out of parking or drive or reverse!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts