The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any idea how much a dealer would charge to replace the fuel injectors? My car died yesterday and I think that is what the problem could be. Thanks in advance.

·
Shadetree Mechanic
2,228 Posts
Your car died and you think it's the injectors?Did it die while driving or just won't start? I myself would check out a couple others first! Fuel pump? Does it fire?(spark) Need some more info. As for injector if you do need to change them which I doubt you will it's a pretty simple job Im sure you could do yourself. Good luck

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was driving up a ramp in a parking garage when my car just shut off. I tried starting it for a minute or so. I got it started and then the check engine light was now on. I pulled it into a parking space and went inside the courthouse. After I was finished, I went back out to my car. It started, I backed out of my spot, I shifted into drive and it died and I couldn't get it restarted. The engine would turn, It just wouldn't catch.
I always think the worst, that's why I'm curious as to how much the fuel injectors are. I'm scared because I don't have any money right now. Oh well, looks like more money is going to have to be borrowed from the family. ( the car is getting checked out right now, I just haven't heard yet ) Thanks again for your replies.

·
Import Tech.
1,491 Posts
Injectors dont all go bad at once !!!! Sounds like an ignition or fuel pump problem ???? Have a shop check it out ..

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just had all four of my injectors replaced after I sent them to Rc engineering for cleaning after 2 bad injectors caused my car to lose power and then would not start at all. That caused 2 of the electrodes in my distributor cap to disappear. Which caused an obscene amount of unburnt fuel to be dumped into the oil and exhaust manifold. Check your distributor cap and pull the plugs to smell fuel as well. BTW don't send your injectors to RC eng. turns out the cleaning is what destroyed the other 2 as well. Because I got them back installed them and it started after I replaced my Nology wires back to stock. I think it fried 2 of my hotwires too. @#*&!!! Anyways, 1000 bucks later i'm back on the road. It started and ran good for only a few hours. Had to have my local shop take a crack at it. New injectors run 115 bucks ea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.