The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Bayamon, P.R.
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, do you think it would be possible to custom fit some Supra TT injectors in our car's intake manifold?, if so, how hard would it be, or how much would it be for a shop to do it for me? Thanks guys.

·
Import Tech.
1,491 Posts
Why would you want to , when 300ZXTT injectors will bolt right in ????

·
Bayamon, P.R.
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They bolt right in?, ok then I guess that's better even though the Supra ones are 550cc. Didn't 2knismo(I think), have problems with the 300ZXTT injectors not fitting. Anyway, thanks, I'll just stick to 370cc. BTW, how much boost and horsepower can they take?

·
Incognito
1,388 Posts
pointless to upgrade your injectors unless you've got forced induction. the 300zx's injectors fit right in, but you'll also have to get an ecu upgrade if you want them to work properly, otherwise, you'll be running dangerously rich. who filled your head with bigger injectors? 550cc's? damn, and I thought my engine ran rich, yours will be a gas guzzler. if you're really dead set on injectors, get the venom injectors, you wont have to get a reprogram, or you can get in touch with RC engineering, and they'll build you injectors any size you want.

·
Bayamon, P.R.
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is for forced induction, that's why I posted it in this forum, I thought you guys would know that? Nobody put this in my head, it's just that you need more fuel to compensate for more air, as you all know. Thanks for some of the input.

·
Retired Turbo Slut
63 Posts
The reason why the TT injectors did not fit was because Y2kNismo was trying to put them on his 2000 fuel rail. When i drop a 2000 motor in my 93 i tried to the injectors off the 2000 manafold but they didnt fit in my 93 fuel rail. The TT injectors will fit the 93-97. But if you want to get the 50lb (550 cc) from jwt, you will have to upgrade your fuel rail.

·
Bayamon, P.R.
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok then, thanks for the info guys, but is their any other way of managing the TT injectors besides the JWT ecu? I really have a fuel setup in mind that wouldn't need the ecu except for the injectors.. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Yep, full custom ecu. Bring money, lots of money. For the ecu itself and for all the tuning you'll need to do to reverse engineer what jwt already has done.

I get the feeling I'm missing your point here, you haven't really given a reason why you don't want to use the jwt ecu. Maybe if you give out that reason we can answer your question a bit better. Right now you're just asking if it's possible. Anything's possible, bring money.

UltimaSE

·
Bayamon, P.R.
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I think you are missing my point. I decided that the 300ZXTT injectors are fine, aslong as I can manage them with out the JWT ecu, then I'll be happy because I don't feel like spending that much money on the ecu. Lets say for example, could I use the 300ZXTT injectors with the stock ecu with a piggyback computer like, the Vortech FMU or the S-AFC? I just wanna stay away from spending $600 on the ecu. BTW, how many pounds of boost could I run if I just used the stock injectors, with boost dependant fpr and a fuel pump, or just the fpr? Thanks

·
Incognito
1,388 Posts
If youre getting boost, you're gonna have to reprogram the ecu, unless you get a stand alone system. even with a piggyback system, and a lot of heavy tuning, you're still gonna run really rich or really lean and both of those are bad on a turbo'ed engine. the good news is that jwt will upgrade your ecu for a hundred bucks if you've already upgraded it with them. as for your question about the fpr, and the fuel pump, and the afc, that's a little bit of overkill, you're controlling the flow of gas into your engine way too much, and that is an excellent way to run lean. Just from experience, having 550cc injectors, they're a little bit of overkill. My alty is my daily driver and I have to constantly watch my idle speed when at a stop light for too long (that means I have to constantly rev the engine If I am stopped too long).

·
Bayamon, P.R.
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright hen can you suggest some way to upgrade the fuel system and management besides the JWT ecu? Come on guys it's bull saying that you absolutely need the ecu because their are kits for the 240sx, like the nsport, that don't use the JWT ecu upgrade, they just use the Vortech FMU, I believe, with the upgraded injectors. Just because the F-MAX is the only turbo kit for our car that doesn't mean every turbo setup has to be run the same way.

·
Bayamon, P.R.
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
???

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
quit being cheap, and get the JWT ecu!!
you get what you pay for, remember that
spending another couple hundred on an ecu
is a lot better than leaning out your motor
and blowing it up, and getting a new one$$$$

·
Bayamon, P.R.
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am not trying to be cheap, it's just that is not the only damn setup, it's not that great, it's just a remapped ecu, shit. I wanna get a Haltec later on anyways, so I don't wanna spend the money on that ecu, you guys gotta get more creative and custom with your turbo setups. You say that you get what you pay for?, the only thing you get is the comfort because of the high price tag.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I really try not to answer that many questions any more and let you guys try to figure it out, but it doesn't look like this question is going to be answered without it getting ugly. So I'm going to try to explain some things.

First you need to do a bit more research.

And fuel pressure riser and a fuel management computer are two different things.

A fuel pressure riser simply adds more pressure behind the injectors after boost begins.

A fuel management computer like the afc you're talking about simply modifies the signal sent from the air flow meter before it gets to the ecu.

Some turbo kits allow you to just use the stock injectors and the fuel pressure riser to manage fuel. I see this as a bandaide compared to the jwt ecu. The fuel pressure riser raises fuel pressure up a certain psi depending on how much boost there is. Fuel pressure risers tend to not be very accurate, throwning different measures of fuel at same boost levels. This works in both direction, at one point at a certain psi the engine might be rich, the next point the engine might be lean. That and psi has nothing to do with how much oxygen is present in the air mixture at a given time. On hot days air is less dense, on cold days air is more dense, at high altitude air is less dense etc. Now on one of these days your engine can be running rich or lean at any given time. At any given time you might be incredible close to detenation. Of course you can try to tune the fpr to run on the rich side, but what if you miss one mapped point. Now with an fpr getting the fpr installed is really only have the problem, you have to have someone tune it well. I don't think you'll find anyone out there that can turn turbo nissan motors better than jwt, including nissan themselves.

Fuel management computers modify the air flow signal before it gets to the ecu. This is again another bandaide. Basically you can modify the signal for each given rpm level. Again here the problem is each rpm level isn't always going to be consistient with psi, and again psi isn't consistient with how much oxygen is mixed in the air. So the same problems come into play. And another problem is that these fuel management computers aren't going to be as accurate again.

Now here's the jwt system. This sytem works with nissan equipment. Nissans have this nice quirk. The air flow meter can see boost. So nissans can see how much air is coming in, and it can calculate how much of this air is oxygen by taking the temp of the air coming in. Since it's reading these parameters then it's also able to see changes in oxygen mixture.

I'm not aware of any turbo systems that run upgraded injectors and a fpr or a fuel management computer. The reason is probably simple. Cost. With upgraded injectors you're going to have to tune everything below boost as well, since the stock ecu is going to think that the stock injectors are still in the rail. A fpr doesn't do anything until boost is seen so anything below boost is going to be dead rich with the upgraded injectors. The fuel management computer might be able to compensate for the upgraded injectors if it has enough play in tuning down the signal from the air flow sensor, a 260cc/min injector at idle and a 360cc/min injector at idle are going to have different flow rates when they're recieving the same signal, so you have to modify this signal down quite a bit.

Now can you run a fpr and have a turbo car? yes, but a lot of it's going to depend on the tuning of the car. Good tuning and you might have a faster car than all of us. Bad tuning, and you're walking home. Fuel management computer is going to be the same story.

Costwise, the jwt ecu is pretty expensive. If you're looking to get a turbo running with minimuin cost then look into just running stock injectors with a fpr. This should be ok for low boost. At higher boosts you're going to be running on the ragged edge. Otherwise running bigger injectors without the jwt ecu is going to be tough.

UltimaSE

Ps. Lets keep this civil, looking for information fine, but try to do a bit research on your own. I understand you're looking for information but this post is getting close to being closed.

·
Bayamon, P.R.
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok UltimaSE, so far you have been the most informative, and you brought up good points, but you say this information like I don't know what I'am talking about. Your saying that the only dependable way to run the turbo is with the upgraded ecu, nah. I know everything you just posted in this thread, and more, I know what an fpr and fuel management computers do. I just didn't get technical cause what's the point?, most people wont know what the hell your talking about. I just posted something simple and said some examples just so people would get an idea of what I was talking about. I think you have the best input, but no one has answered my question. You are right that with the right tuning I could run faster, or slower with bad tuning, but I don't have to worry about tuning, I have a reliable source and mechanics. I guess you partially answered with the tuning part, but i know what I am talking about, unlike many people here that just rely on what they hear and say that. You seem to know a lot, and actually have turbo, can you tell me your setup?, I know I've seen it before but don't remember. Also, like you suggested, how much boost do you think I could run of the stock fuel system with just the fpr?, or FMU? Thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.