The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Senior Code Monkey
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FYI - Unorthodox Crank Pully for 3.5 (and soon for the 2.5 too!)

I was just visiting their site and it looks like they're going to come out with an underdrive pully for the 3.5.

(Sucks - I want a pully for the 2.5!)

No price or part number yet - but it is an Ultra S pully.

http://www.unorthodoxracing.com/nissan_altima.html

Joe :)

-----------------------

Nissan Altima 3.5L DOHC (2002)

For additional performance products for this vehicle, check out our Product Affiliation Network.
Product Description Part # List Purchase Direct
Ultra S Street Crank Pulley TBA TBA TBA

·
they call me the butcher
1,975 Posts
yes a crack pully is more like a wieght reduction mod
doesnt really add hp much but most crank pulleys
are equal to removing 200 pounds from the car

so it will accelerate like a 200 pound lighter car

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,804 Posts
No shit

Is that like sprung/unsprung weight? So the addition of this device would basically eliminate the weight of my fat ass in the drivers seat.....................correct?

·
Senior Code Monkey
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: No shit

wild willy said:
Is that like sprung/unsprung weight? So the addition of this device would basically eliminate the weight of my fat ass in the drivers seat.....................correct?
:p haha!

So what I figure is this:

It would be the best non-induction mod around because a forced induction kit would harm fuel economy. But this mod would mean that it would improve fuel economy because it is unsprung weight. Am I correct?

What I have in mind so far is an Apexi power filter, a good cat back exhaust, and an under drive pully (probably the Unorthodox ones when they come out with it for the 2.5), and a Jacob ignition system when available.

Sounds good, eh?

And in several more years, perhaps a force induction kit would come out for the 2.5 ...

But in all honestly - I am looking forward to seeing that underdrive pully available for the 2.5 - if it indeed would improve power and fuel economy.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,804 Posts
Guestimate

Ballpark, what do these thing run about as far as price? Are they easy to install?

I think the elimination of 200lbs would be a far better gain than a new exhaust/intake combo

·
Senior Code Monkey
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Guestimate

wild willy said:
Ballpark, what do these thing run about as far as price? Are they easy to install?

I think the elimination of 200lbs would be a far better gain than a new exhaust/intake combo
Looking over what they offer for the other engines (Honda, Toyota, etc.) it looks like it would be around $225 USD

But that's just a guess. It was ranging at around $190 all the way up to $225.

I think it would be a good investment.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,804 Posts
Hey fatboy

I'll be in Woodbridge, VA the weekend of May 4th.

Altimat........ha ha.......I am addicted, what can I say? there are worse thigs to overindulge in

·
Banned
0 Posts
Re: Hey fatboy

wild willy said:
I'll be in Woodbridge, VA the weekend of May 4th.

Altimat........ha ha.......I am addicted, what can I say? there are worse thigs to overindulge in
That will be great if UR can get them out by that date. If you have it by then, I will be happy to ask my friend to install it. BTW, I live in the Fairfax/Centreville area.

·
Senior Code Monkey
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I love it when people come together for a common cause.

Sorry that I can't head the group buy for this pully (since I live in Canada and everyone else seems to live down south) - but I'm sure to join you guys in the group buy when they have a pully for the 2.5

P.S. Besides, you guys have better access to parts anyway!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.