The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look ya', I need help. I know that this has been talked about before but my friend has a Galant and I belive 195hp stock... Now, all I have is an intake which I know that it's nothing so I am asking what can I do to beat his ass.....As far as mods go.
I need responses quick
thanks
Jose

·
good one Fonzie
11,588 Posts
I think the new galant gtz's only have like 175hp, but maybe it is 195, the v6 right?

anyway, nos may help, but why do you want tpo race him anyway?

·
Be very afraid...
5,464 Posts
Actually, the tests I recall seeing for the V6 Galant aren't that great thanks to the slushy automatic they have in there (no stick option with the V6). Seems the 0-60 times were 7.8-8.0 secs.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ITS ALL PERSONAL WITH HIM AND MYSELF.........I JUST WANT TO DESTROY HIM!!!!!!!!!

·
The Highest Grade
1,172 Posts
yeah... with an exception of the V6, galants are extremely slow. and the V6 wasnt even that fast either, check up on those numbers i dont think 195 is correct. i could be wrong though.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, it's 195hp for sure......the V6. I want to know if only an exaust and headers with a little bit nitro would do it?????.
Thanks

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
i went with my father a few weeks ago so he could test drive a 2001 galant v6..it did not feel any faster then my car and at about 40 hp difference and being a v6 it was disappointing

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How so.....it's 195hp..how in any way can it be slower than an altima???? I dont think that a stock altima could keep up with a Galant with 195hp.

·
Registered
1 Posts
well, i would do the headers and cai and exhaust, but i raced a Galtant gtz, and beat it by at least 2 car lengths and i run a stock 2000 gxe, so they really arent fast to begin with... so i guess the question is how bad do you want to kill him?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am glad to here the level of confedence in this..............

·
VTEC wont save you....
6,411 Posts
I raced my freinds GTZ version(195hp) and it is Auto,I got the jump on him and walk him all the way through 3rd and 4th.Easy kill.I have a 5speed.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok yeah, you have a 5 speed but I havae an automatic.......So what can I do there guy?????????

·
Registered
656 Posts
my friend has a 99 galant gtz v6 auto, and i have a 97 altima auto, i get killed every time by the galant. i have a wai and exhaust he has nothing. although we have never been at a line and ran, but me trying to chase him down the road has become an impossible task.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SO what are we to do? All i want to do is to beat him.....and I have an auto.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
The 2000 Galant LS I drove at Edmunds Live last year was [email protected] fast. It had an overly snesitive. That thing jack rabbit-ed when I tap, not planted, the gas pedal.

The thing about the auto trannry in the Galant is that it utilizes "fuzzy logic", and is supposively be able to adjust to your driving style.

I read many reviews in the Galant when I was shopping for a new car. It seems that the tranny was a 50/50 hit or miss. Some reviewers loved it saying it shifted agressively. Others said it was a "driving miss daisy" slushbox.

·
350Z
7,755 Posts
I drove a 01' Galant V6 for a month and they suck off the line. They have a lot of pickup on the highway due to higher HP than alty. But I think you will destroy him off the line if you drive correctly. Spray a little and you got this made.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts