The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!

I did a search and read most of the posts regarding Garrett T25 and some post on T3/T4 turbo's. Now, lets use this thread to compare the two of them. I have three days to make my decision, so I need everyone's opinion and expertise.

I'm planning to add a intercooler and I was hoping that I could add an external wastegate on these turbo's; however, I think both of these have internal wastegate. I'm in need for 8-10 psi. I don't want anything more as I don't want to harm my engine just to win a race. LOL :) I've heard that anything over 10psi can do some damage to the the engine (ie, pistons, valves, etc).

Here is the only information/links I've been able to gather about them. Please post your opinion/expertise regarding both of these turbo's. I want the best performance and at least 300HP but keeping it at 8-10psi. Either one will be installed on a 1997 Nissan Altima GXE 2.4 Liter

Pound me with all the beef you got : )

-----------Information that I have Regarding-------------------
Garrett For Sale garrett T25 turbo. compressor side A/R 48 turbine side A/R 63. shaft spins freely, has almost no play"
------------------------------------------------------------------------

T3T4 Turbo Link with some information includes pricing!

Warm Regards,
Gabriel
[email protected]

·
boosted
1,140 Posts
A T25 is too small for the KA. I doubt it can even support 300hp at all. Even at low boost, it'll run out of breath. It won't be able to satisfy the 2.4L engine's appetite for air. The T3/T4 is the best way to go if you want 300hp.

·
Import Tech.
4,709 Posts
The T25 would be an awesome turbo for the KA24 if you were only to run around 7 lbs . which would yield you a no lag 220 ish HP setup , but if its 300 HP you want the T3/T4 at around 14 lbs is the only way you are gona see 300 HP !!!!

·
Incognito
8,329 Posts
depends on what you want, do you want to eventuall build up you ride to 400+ hp? go with the t03/04. if you just want something to spank the vtech, go with the cheaper t25. if you stand a t25 to a t03/04, you'll immediately notice that the t25 looks like it goes to a moped though. a t25 should be good to 300hp with a built up engine and about 14psi. the larger t03/04 is good to about 450hp at about 20-25psi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.