The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
obeyforiamroot
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like a couple of other members on the board, since i bougt this car used ive been having problems with my gas tank. The thing keeps clickin off while filling, happens ever $1.50 or so if i dont pause. takes a LOOOOONG time to fill my tank and i dont even know when its full. I think the ventilation lines are the problem?
how does this make you fail emissions? can it be the charcoal canister?
Thanks

·
1st, 3rd, 3rd, 5th Gen
2,266 Posts
the car was topped off for a long time man. it's very bad for the fuel system and for gas economy and even can be for emisions.

you'll basically need to have your fuel system cleaned and or replaced.

proffesional cleaning will cost about 75 bux.

(my spelling sucks today.)

·
obeyforiamroot
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya, ive noticed that my gas milage sucks, i get 20mpg MAX. Any one know what exactly i need replaced? What exactly happens if the car is topped off too much? I was assuming that the ventilation hoses were clogged and werent getting rid of the air fast enough and thats why the pressure built up, so i was gonna clean the hoses with a compressor. Does any of this affect how rich/lean my fuel mixture is cause i dont want my engine to get screwed up, i mean why would my gas milage be worse cause of this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
318 Posts
just go to your local mech and ask for a fuel system flush the system if i remember right will basicly be high presure flushed with fuel system cleaner that you can buy at auto zone but they do it at a higher level then just adding it to your gass

·
obeyforiamroot
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont think a fuel system flush will do anything, all it does is clean up the gas tank and the valves and such. They actually add a chemical to ur tank and make ur car run on it. what i need done is to check the ventilation lines and the coal canister if that has anything to do with it, so i guess ill talk to my mechanic and get back to u guys

·
Registered
282 Posts
Altimas ar not know for their gas mileage. If you drive like a bat outta hell all the time you might get 15 mpg or something rediculous like that. The best I've EVEr gotten is probably around 28 and that's cruising on the highway for a long time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts