The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
09 Altima SL
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filled up the other day and noticed right away that the fuel range was at 900km. It has never been greater than 800km in the past. Drove for over 200km and the gauge never dropped below the full mark. Also, the fuel range on the computer was reading around 730km, but then started increasing rather than decreasing. Not sure if the gas was dirty and somehow messed up the fuel sender. My car is a 2009 altima with a 2.5L engine. Has anyone experienced the same issue? Just wondering if the sender/pump has to be changed.

thks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Usually with what you describe it is the sending unit and needs to be replaced. I had to replace one years ago in my Accord since it never would go back to full.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Sometimes it's something simple if ethanol acids haven't corroded the sensor tracks to nothing. I rebuild them when they are out of car. A full always or same empty is commonly a short or broken wire and easy to fix. Problems over the range are commonly buildup on the resistor tracks that can be cleaned off with an eraser if careful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts