The Nissan Club banner

Gas Mileage on the 3.5SE?

2K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  Redbird99 
scottlny said:
Hey all just wondering how r u 3.5's are doing on gas mileage?? I'm not getting 21 or 26mpg.. I'm getting more like 15-17 maybe 18? Please post, I want to hear it's not only me.
Hey scottlny, welcome aboard! Haven't seen you around here...

Anyway - expect anywhere from 16-18mpg around the the first 1-3 weeks when you get your car. After putting on about 1000 miles things should get better.

Don't even pay attention to that STUPID MPG ESTIMATOR

You'll be playing cat and mouse if you try to use that to estimate your MPG. What you need to do is the next time you go the pump - reset your TRIP meter either A or B - your choice. Once you do that drive until you're ready to fill up (1/4 tank - 1/2 tank) again - whenever you choose or wherever you see a good gas price.

Then just divide your TRIP meter by the gallons filled. I've been doing it for a while and I do MOSTLY CITY, and a little highway on the weekends. I average anywhere from 21mpg - 24mpg - only got 24.xx once. Overall I'd say its mostly about 21-22mpg avg for people who do the city and a hardly any highway...

As you can see those who do the highway end up with 26-30 range.

-=JRC=- said:
19-26

26 On the highway when I travel

19 around town. I can't seem to stop flooring it?:D
Damn JRC - I cruise around town and there's hardly ever any stretch of road that I can find that makes it easy for me to get on it. If I floor it I always end up on someone's bumper unless I want to drive like a maniac and keep changing lanes.

A few weeks back I was doing about 10 over the speed limit and this car in front of me was doing the same - AND I wasn't no where near his/her rear bumper and they pulled over to let me pass. I was SURPRISED - I could see if I was on their back but there was just about 3/4 of a car length between us...

Had my first V8 mustang kill last night (check racing forum)!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.