The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Another Boosted Altima
3,984 Posts
Spark plug or wire not delivering good enough spark, MISFIRE.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Everytime I have fixed a problem like this I ended up just having a spark plug not torqued down properly. One was just a hair too loose. Get your hands on a torque wrench and make sure they are within spec. Your shouldn't have to go higher than 22 ft lbs. If that doesn't work, dump some b12 chemtool in the gas tank next time you fill up, that'll eat up any deposits!

·
(no im not a female)
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jserrano said:
I don't know but if the injector(s) were truly leaking the BG service would help atomize the fuel.
Where could I take it to to get this problem solved?

Local shop? nissan dealer ?

What would I tell them to look for or at?

The is the second misfire problem ive had in the past 4 months if it really a mis-fire... :angry4:

I drove my altima 200 miles to the beach today and it seemed to be fine. Ill be down here a week and driving it alot so Ill see how it does.

I think when I get back to va ill have to get this bg thing done and check the spark plug toruqe, my dads alot told me to take it to nissan and have them change all the vacum hoses before winter.

ahh this crap is making me mad I just want this car to run right, I really need to keep I for at least 5-6 more years. I really need to get it running right while I still have the parents funds. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts