The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
From D Land of Tendulkar
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok now does the 20 gallon altima tank include the reserve and if not how much is the reserve on the tank so is the tank actaully 20 gallons or bigger. As the light on my car come on always at around 395-400 miles and then when i fill it up it only takes in 17.5 gallons.Please explain this to me.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Humanfly said:
ok now does the 20 gallon altima tank include the reserve and if not how much is the reserve on the tank so is the tank actaully 20 gallons or bigger. As the light on my car come on always at around 395-400 miles and then when i fill it up it only takes in 17.5 gallons.Please explain this to me.
It comes on to warn you your gas is low.. :rolleyes: :)

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
lol at jigga.......

as for the gas tank thing...u can go a VERY LONG time after the light comes on so the 20 gallon tank includes the reserve which is very large. I believe Thaibruin (sorry Thai) went almost 100 miles w/ the light on. I didn't believe him but when we all went out to eat after one of the dyno day meets, my light was on for a long ass time and the eating place was far from the dyno shop. I was surprised and even tho i know that i can do it, i still get scared seein' that light on.....but not as much now:p

·
Altima Crazy!!!
417 Posts
ya i went to the station and the gas tank holds 67L (sorry, from CAN) but the point is.... that even after the pump clicked and stopped i still continued pouring in more fuel at a slow rate... i ended up putting in 65 L.... i dought i only had 2 L left..... this makes me think that the tank is even bigger....hhmmm

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Humanfly said:
20 gallon fuel capacity includes the reserve.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts