The Nissan Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have noticed that the gas tank on my '93 gxe only fits 12 gallons even though in the manual it says 15.83. Anyone also notice this?

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
The gas light is way off.. I usually drive 50 miles with the light on..

I usually fill about 14.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
there's a service bulletin about gas guage not being acurate. read it.
Jay

·
Banned
0 Posts
ok, there was pretty good test done on here, by either victor, the dill, or kenshi. The anser was that the tank is correct when it says it holds 15 gallons.

·
Registered
77 Posts
thats really weird that you only fill up to 12 gallons...mine goes much higher and It does really well on the gas as well...only fill it up once a week and I drive quite a bit...

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
djsassan said:
ok, there was pretty good test done on here, by either victor, the dill, or kenshi. The anser was that the tank is correct when it says it holds 15 gallons.
???? don't remember... other than filling up til the pump clicks. Drive as much as you can til the light comes on near E, and fill. see how much you fill up with.

I know I've filled up when the light comes on with over 13G before so I know I hold 15. usually I fill up though at 11-12G

·
Resistance is futile
1,713 Posts
djsassan said:
Yeah, that was me. Purposely drove it until it ran out. And mine is one that has the gauge on E and the lite on at 300 miles or so, and then only takes 11.5-12 gallons. That time it went over 380 miles before it ran out, and took a 1-gallon can from the trunk, drove another 9 miles, and then topped it off with over 14 more gallons.

·
Banned
0 Posts
kierandill said:

Yeah, that was me. Purposely drove it until it ran out. And mine is one that has the gauge on E and the lite on at 300 miles or so, and then only takes 11.5-12 gallons. That time it went over 380 miles before it ran out, and took a 1-gallon can from the trunk, drove another 9 miles, and then topped it off with over 14 more gallons.
I thought it was you, but I was not 100%. Of course, a 2002 now has a 20 gallon tank. :)

·
Resistance is futile
1,713 Posts
djsassan said:

I thought it was you, but I was not 100%. Of course, a 2002 now has a 20 gallon tank. :)
And if I had an 02, it would NEED a 20 gal, 'cause my foot would be in it 24/7!

:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts