Votes: 41 73.2%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 15 26.8%

• Total voters
61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
RLR is here
6,078 Posts
I've been looking for some time to see if there was a way to get a great suspension set-up like this for the Altima, maybe even re-working other damper/coilovers to fit the U13, and this seems to be the best option.

Let's see here:
Ground Control Coilovers - $375 (Southwestautoworks.com)
Tokico HP Series Struts F/R - $340 (SWAW)
Stillen Camber Plates Front Only - $400 (Stillen.com)

That's $1115 total, and you still don't get the rear camber plates. People, this is a great deal. $600+160 for the camber plates = $760. That's $355 less and you get a complete, adjustable, racing set up.

Nick, I'm in. If this "group-buy" has ended, put me down for the next one. If not, contact me through PM.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Give Michael a call and see if he's already placed the order.

His info is in a post of mine on the previous page.

·
RLR is here
6,078 Posts
Well, I placed the order yesterday and sent my money order today. Michael said the orders go out at the end of this week, Friday I'm assuming. BTW Michael was a nice guy to talk to and do business with.

Orders go out this week. There's still time.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
pr0lifik said:
What is the deal? Is anyone remotely close to getting a set? I want some feedback to see if I should jump on this.
As posted, once the order is placed, it's 60-90 days to get them boated over from Taiwan.

They order about 50 sets at a time to get the freight charges down.

I can give you a few links of some 240 guys who have installed them.

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
pr0lifik said:
Any more links besides the Nico threads? Did you guys figure out the optimum spring rates for these? Should we use the same that the 240 guys use?
I haven't heard back from Michael yet. In the meantime, I PM'ed RyanD and he provided me with some very informative feedback. When Michael and I hook-up again, I'll run by him what info I now have with what he has gathered from his contacts overseas. I will be ready to order at that point.

btw, there has been an order or two already placed ;)

·
JDM NCP31 & CZ4A
6,528 Posts
Well I'll be in Hong Kong this summer. One of the first thing to do on my list is go to D2 in HK. They have one of their main stores there. Hopefully I'll see these inperson, and i'm trying to build the strut tower templet and hub templet...so i can actully go there and pop them in and see if they fit. As nice of an install on a 240...i don't trust a product that wasn't tested on a USDM (htought they're literally identical). I would hate to see 5 or more of u gettin shafted cuz we kno the import stuff...return is not an option, and u'll just get the run around.

i'll probably ship a set back while i'm @ it..so i have something to do when i'm back from the trip :D

·
RLR is here
6,078 Posts
I messaged Michael the other day and he said the orders were shipped and should be received in late July. The recommended spring rates were 7K/5K. Also, he ordered a few extra pairs, so if anyone still wants in on this great deal, let him know.

If not, I guess that means the few of us that ordered will be the first altimas here to have them. As soon as I get them, I'll post pics and let people know how they feel.

·
RLR is here
6,078 Posts
They should be in before August is over; the long wait is due to them being shipped over from Taiwan by sea.

Speaking of, has anyone heard from Michael at UrbanImports lately? I emailed him about two weeks ago and haven't heard from him yet. Krack, you got any info?

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Red Lion said:
Speaking of, has anyone heard from Michael at UrbanImports lately? I emailed him about two weeks ago and haven't heard from him yet. Krack, you got any info?
Call him. I've given up on relying on email for information.

If you need to know that bad, call him.

61 - 80 of 106 Posts