The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple of month ago I bought a 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5sl with 133K miles on it. Not to mention, it was bad decision. To make the story short - we have already spend over $3K on repairs at the Nissan dealer. The new issue is, which the Nissan Dealer has not been able to diagnose and refuses to refer it to Nissan USA, is that:

1) the gear shifts at very high RPM, when driving in automatic mode
2) when slowing down the car suddenly become strangled, like something is pulling it back.

Has somebody experienced this and what was the solution.

Thank you

·
Registered
280 Posts
Couple of month ago I bought a 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5sl with 133K miles on it. Not to mention, it was bad decision. To make the story short - we have already spend over $3K on repairs at the Nissan dealer. The new issue is, which the Nissan Dealer has not been able to diagnose and refuses to refer it to Nissan USA, is that:

1) the gear shifts at very high RPM, when driving in automatic mode
2) when slowing down the car suddenly become strangled, like something is pulling it back.

Has somebody experienced this and what was the solution.

Thank you
You can call Nissan USA and get a complaint or something. They will help you in some way.

I notice my Altima feels like that getting pulled back. I am not too sure what the problem is for that. I got my drive belt replaced and it did nothing. Maybe made my MPG worse the car feels slower.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
It's the CVT...

Dealer should be able to run diagnostics to determine why the shift point is so high, it is after all, computer controlled. So either the computer was reprogrammed, or its sensor is defective, or the CVT system itself is cooked. Again, Consult III should be able to identify out of spec behaviour. Try another dealer if you aren't feeling the love from the one you have.

·
Registered
280 Posts
It's the CVT...

Dealer should be able to run diagnostics to determine why the shift point is so high, it is after all, computer controlled. So either the computer was reprogrammed, or its sensor is defective, or the CVT system itself is cooked. Again, Consult III should be able to identify out of spec behaviour. Try another dealer if you aren't feeling the love from the one you have.
How about their problem on the CVT feeling like its being held back when slowing down? I thought they fixed this issue since the 4.5 Gens came out? Maybe I read wrong or something.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gear Shifting @ high RPM

Took it to the dealer - they replaced and reprogrammed TCM ($2800+ repair bill) but could not solve the problem. Their diagnosis is maybe the CVT is gone bad, not sure. But they are not sure if replacing CVT will resolve the issues

You think Nissan USA can/will help?

Qasim

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
I would go find another dealer. Anyone who does $3K worth of work that doesn't fix anything is blacklisted IMHO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts