The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be posted at the wrong spot, but I'm wondering if anyone can break down (no pun intended) what often-replaced items fall into which catagory of the warranty. In other words, what is covered in the 36K mile portion, and what is covered further into the 60K mile portion. Did most of you guys purchase Nissan's extended warranty? I didn't buy it because I've always heard extended warranty's are a total waste of money, but now I'm thinking it may be valuable as I drive about 35K per year, which is going to burn up the factory warranty pretty quickly. I appreciate any input you may have about the warranty period!!:)

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
i bought the extended warranty and thought it was worth every last penny. Anything that is not a wear and tear item should be covered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I always buy a one hundred thousand mile warranty on every vechicle I have owned and it is the best insurance to have. My 2001 Chevy Van transmission had to be rebuilt and the cost was 2,000.00. I only paid 100.00 on my part. Also I only buy the manufacture warranty only so I will not be screw over by some aftermarket warranty.

·
Bad Boys are Back!!!
12,088 Posts
Everything is covered in the 36k warranty except for normal wear and tear of tires, brake pads, light bulbs etc. the Extended warranty usually consists of various options and price ranges you can choose from.

Depending on how much you wanna spend and what you want to get, it will vary. Most of the times its worth it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Normal wear items are just that... items that you use every day that will cause wear on them...(brakes, clutch, tires, etc.)

Your 60K mile powertrain warranty will cover your engine and tranny, but once again not the clutch. They figure that this item will wear out over time anyways and the consumer knows this going in...

Extended warranties are usually a good thing to have, but make sure to read what they do and do not cover because sometimes they are not what you would consider a true bumper to bumper warranty...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts