The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Chris said:
You know every movie will be leaked somehow or someway. Gonna be nice :cool:
Every movie that goes to the theatre is already leaked out in one way or another man... lol

(has 160GB Personal FTP Server full of movies... hehe)

·
14,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
right, i know... but this is goign to be the full, original version, not a compressed version.

·
carputer owns you
766 Posts
damn Time to get some more 200 gb hdds. So far I've managed to fill 2- 120 GB, 1 30gb, and 1 80gb. I need to stop downloading stuff.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
hmmmm.... is there something wrong with compression? I wish someone came out with an even better way to compress a whole movie, then I wouldn't need a 160GB hard drive... lol

1,407 Posts
RIAA says that stealing movies is bad. :(

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
hacku said:
hmmmm.... is there something wrong with compression? I wish someone came out with an even better way to compress a whole movie, then I wouldn't need a 160GB hard drive... lol
I assume you've never watched a low bit rate MPG2 or high bit rate Divx on any screen bigger than 32".

You can see every compression artifact on the screen when it's blown up. And it ain't pretty. Compression is only good if it's throttled to the point where the human can't distinguish a difference.

That's why true audiophiles havn't really embraced MP3s yet.

Assuming this technology requires projecting on a 100ft or larger screen, the movie stream will be massive and probably can only be delivered in a 1TB RAID array cartridges and not thru a inter-network of any kind.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts