The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay my alti is a 94 SE 5spd. and i will be purchasing it from my dad in the next month or two. heres the list i have so far of stuff i need to do to it. im trying to get it running strong and nicely so i can do serious mods (turbo!) l8er.
Fuel pump
fuel filter
fuel injectors (prob larger, but not by much, anyy suggestions?)
intake
clean throttle
change tranny fluid and filter
oil change (always uses mobil 1 synthetic)
re-ground engine and misc.
iridium spark plugs
Jacobs I.C.E. pack ign sys
clean valves/intake/exhaust passages in head
slotted rotors
ceramic pads
stainless brake lines, new brake fluid
new exhaust
and. . .
take all dents out, and have entire exterior re-sprayed factory silver with new clear coat. possibly buddy club front with custom (these are gonna be hot) fog lights

anyways my baby has about 130K on her. anything else that should be done? i was thinking short shifter but i cant find any nice ones. i dont want some cheap 30 dollar thing.
oh and suspension/wheels? i think springs and shocks, how large of a wheel can thwe alti hold and not rub? i was thinking some 18's
lemme know if im on track.
chris

·
OG
4,071 Posts
that will take u quite a while to do ... and i hope u got cash ... robbing a small bank about right now isnt a bad idea

but good luck ... oh and the biggest u can go are 19's ... unless u really mod ... but i'd look gay on this small car

·
slow poke
3,139 Posts
You can use the stock fuel injectors from a TT 300zx. As far as the spark plugs go, I would stay away from the iridiums and just go with the plain old stock NGK plugs.

Change the distributor cap and rotor and depending on the condition and how many miles the spark plug wires have, upgrade those. www.southwestautoworksl.com sells NGK plug wires for $50.

Unless you have a large bank account with some room to breath, I would just stick with the basic building blocks for now if you wanna mod your car(header, intake, exhaust).

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
as for suspension.. ground control's and kyb's (most others will say tocikos tho :p). definitley get the basic bolt ons as well (intake, header, exhaust..)
Brembo cross drilled and slotted rotors from Alex @ southwestautoworks are good, i have them w/carbon metallic pads.

·
Resident NICO Mod
5,972 Posts
cross drlled and slotted rotors are for show only. they serve no real performance gain purpose.

·
slow poke
3,139 Posts
REVEREND D said:
cross drlled and slotted rotors are for show only. they serve no real performance gain purpose.
I thought that the cross drilled help keeping the pads cooler and keep them from warping and the slotted collects the brakedust and disspells it away from the rotors helping the whole setup last longer.

·
Kitt Shicker
1,128 Posts
jree said:
I thought that the cross drilled help keeping the pads cooler and keep them from warping and the slotted collects the brakedust and disspells it away from the rotors helping the whole setup last longer.
wheres that mechanical engineering dude, maybe we could ask him, haha. :p

·
Registered
432 Posts
jree said:
Rev D is, as usual :D 100% correct:
According to a really good technical article in Road and Track Magazine-it was in one of the last 2-3 issues-warping of the rotors is directly related to smaller mass, so the drilled rotors are MUCH more prone to warping since you remove mass by making holes in them. One other thing they said was that drilled/slotted rotors DO NOT offer any performance advange whatsoever for ANY STREET CAR, unless that car is driven all the time like a F1 car; drilled/slotted are strictly for show on everyday street cars.
H.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Stainless brake lines are a waste of money. From previous discussions on the Supra and NSX forums they can actually be more dangerous than stock lines since they can potentially conceal line damage.

Slotted/drilled rotors are pretty much for show. You're probably not going to road race so you pads aren't going to be outgassing anyway. So you don't need them. Just get a good set of STREET pads. Too many people try to run racing pads on the street which in some cases don't stop well until they get very hot.

Why do the whole fuel system? Wait until you go turbo so you can match everything up.

Don't forget Power steering fluid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts