The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2013 Nissan Altima Transmission are only getting under 60,000 miles on them. I have only 134,000 on car
Nissan rep want help place me in 2020 car
Are pay % of transmission but want replace are do recall on this a lot Nissan having this issue with CVt
Company that makes the transmission Jatco Nissan owns 75% of company.
So they know have faulty transmission and need do recall.
Putting in 3 transmission ever 56,000 miles are 3 yrs so crazy
Transmission replacement is adding up and soon be more money in car alone be almost what I paid for it!
Nissan needs honestly fix this issue at no cost to customers

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,236 Posts
Hey there Betty, In his defense....your shit made little sense!!! Now if English is you 8th language, I understand.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Normally I am down on the CVT first but on this thread it's very easy to see where at least part of the problem comes from.

We deal in logical english here not gibberish, I know they sound the same but you just have to know the difference.

·
Registered
8 Posts
In 2013 Nissan Altima Transmission are only getting under 60,000 miles on them. I have only 134,000 on car
Nissan rep want help place me in 2020 car
Are pay % of transmission but want replace are do recall on this a lot Nissan having this issue with CVt
Company that makes the transmission Jatco Nissan owns 75% of company.
So they know have faulty transmission and need do recall.
Putting in 3 transmission ever 56,000 miles are 3 yrs so crazy
Transmission replacement is adding up and soon be more money in car alone be almost what I paid for it!
Nissan needs honestly fix this issue at no cost to customers
I just took my 2013 Altima in with transmission concern. After discussion with Service person AKA runaround, I filed a complaint with Nissan. The dealer did not charge me for diagnostics but recommended new transmission @ 4500.00. Thats not happening. I also filed lawsuit. no way transmission should go at 49,000. also had a reprogram done two years ago. now have to figure a way out of this mess.
n

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just took my 2013 Altima in with transmission concern. After discussion with Service person AKA runaround, I filed a complaint with Nissan. The dealer did not charge me for diagnostics but recommended new transmission @ 4500.00. Thats not happening. I also filed lawsuit. no way transmission should go at 49,000. also had a reprogram done two years ago. now have to figure a way out of this mess.
n
That’s exactly how u handle it!!! U sue their butts off. Nissan has been pawning off these junk transmissions on the public and causing headaches for families all over the world with this. More need to stand up and fight back!!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
One can always tell the people who have never filed a lawsuit against a world company before. They think it is sooooooo easy..............................

·
Registered
26 Posts
One can always tell the people who have never filed a lawsuit against a world company before. They think it is sooooooo easy..............................
For Nissan it is very easy. With all the evidence online you can take that to small claims court for $20 and win ur case. Yes it is that easy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I got an "offer". It would cost me 20% of the repair cost. I have 90 days. Can only dealer with dealer at this point. Nissan would not comment on pending settlement for my car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
So I got an "offer". It would cost me 20% of the repair cost. I have 90 days. Can only dealer with dealer at this point. Nissan would not comment on pending settlement for my car.
Don’t accept. Sue them for damages and pain and suffering and lost work time.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
You can't get pain and suffering without bodily injury to yourself.

'Small claims court' was abolished here in Texas, now it's 'Justice Court', and filing for a suit begins at $100 and can easily go up, there are other fees to pay. They STRONGLY suggest you use (pay for) a lawyer, if not your success rate drops like a rock.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You can't get pain and suffering without bodily injury to yourself.

'Small claims court' was abolished here in Texas, now it's 'Justice Court', and filing for a suit begins at $100 and can easily go up, there are other fees to pay. They STRONGLY suggest you use (pay for) a lawyer, if not your success rate drops like a rock.
Who is “they”? And if it’s only $100, I’d still rather go to ‘Justice Court’. All the evidence against Nissan online and on YouTube and the 3 transmissions should make this an easy case to win.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Unless court recognized experts supply what you quote as 'evidence' then it is not evidence. The 3 transmissions thing could easily be an abusive driver as well, that would have to come out as well.

Some of us have had dealings in court to find out things are not nearly so simple as you claim. Hearsay is not allowable at all and what youtube and most online 'truth' is. I have watched judges tear that to shreds before. Why you need the lawyer, to cut through all that.

One cannot simply claim this or that and simply pick up the check, it's clear you have never been there.

The 'they' is the court itself, they have seen how many others come to make unbacked claims to simply lose. Most do here, the courts hugely back business as they have their in courtroom act together much better, the claimants often look like losers in the first 2 minutes and 3 questions, they have no real preparation done at all like proof that holds up as evidence under inspection.

I for one do it without using court at all, I have won 3 times (not against Nissan but on other issues) without ever stepping into the courtroom. You simply express to the company what your hard evidence is and that you will show it to the court to go higher on the demands, you have to have a lawyer behind you to back it up though, and you have to share part of what you get with him for his official help. The evidence needs to be physical in nature so damage can be easily seen, hearsay won't work. If you threaten them correctly and where they can see you are not fooling around you get their attention to settle out of court and you never need to go.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My 2008 Altima 3.5 with CVT just hit 380,000 miles yesterday. I only use OEM fluid and replace it every 100k miles. I would say that many drivers blow-out their CVTs because of what "Play Station Drivers" do to their cars. In other words: Point Car. Push Accelerator. Slam brakes at next stop sign. Repeat. If you have room, smack that fun shifter into manual and really get a thrill. Slam brakes. Repeat. Complain about dust on front wheels. Replace transmission every 60k miles.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,236 Posts
My 2008 Altima 3.5 with CVT just hit 380,000 miles yesterday. I only use OEM fluid and replace it every 100k miles. I would say that many drivers blow-out their CVTs because of what "Play Station Drivers" do to their cars. In other words: Point Car. Push Accelerator. Slam brakes at next stop sign. Repeat. If you have room, smack that fun shifter into manual and really get a thrill. Slam brakes. Repeat. Complain about dust on front wheels. Replace transmission every 60k miles.
I agree with this...this tranny was not meant to handle abuse....sad..cause the motor is

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree with this...this tranny was not meant to handle abuse....sad..cause the motor is
I disagree completely. Not meant to be abused?????!!!!! No! it was not designed to be reliable. Did u read the title of this thread? THREE transmissions. Not one. Not two, but THREE! Thank Carlos Ghosn for that. It’s awesome to hear your anomaly of 380,000 miles, but unfortunately Nissan’s transmission ¡PROBLEM! is widespread in multiple models in multiple years. No sense in excusing poor engineering with sad phrase “ it’s not meant to be abused”. No! It’s not meant to be reliable. Nissan needs to kick Renault to the curb.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts