The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all
Im going to be buying a Maxima in a couple weeks. Im looking for a car at reasonable price that has performance and room for my son. I owned an old 91 SE 5 speed (loved that old car). I drove that thing to over 300,000 miles and ended up selling it to a friend that I'm pretty sure is still driving it.
My question is, I need a little help deciding which car to buy. I'm thinking about going with a 02-03 with the 6 speed. I do like the styling of the 04+ body style but I'm having a hard time trusting that CVT transmission. My budget is pretty low so I don't think I would be able afford anything past an 08-ish. Im mostly attracted to the 3.5 motor, so I guess the altima could be a possibility also. Any thoughts? (Sorry if this topic has been discussed to death already)
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would take an altima. It's a good car and the 2008 was a good year for those cars so they should be in good condition provided the owners treated them well. are you going to ship it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah I agree. I had a 2008 Altima in the past and it was an amazing car. I loved it. I bought it off someone as well and it's true the car is usually in great condition if you take care of it. I had to ship mine across state lines since I couldn't go pick it up myself. I have been doing a lot of research online to find the best company that would ship it cross country and would not charge me a small fortune. In the end I found one (I'll leave the details below) that was a nice fit financially and reputation wise. It all worked out great in the end.

__
You can check them here: shipvehicles.com

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,424 Posts
Last year for a traditional auto was '06 for either car. Maxima CVTs have fewer reported issues than Altimas...not sure if they got a cooler or just different drivers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah I agree. I had a 2008 Altima in the past and it was an amazing car. I loved it. I bought it off someone as well and it's true the car is usually in great condition if you take care of it. I had to ship mine across state lines since I couldn't go pick it up myself. I have been doing a lot of research online to find the best company that would ship it cross country and would not charge me a small fortune. In the end I found one (I'll leave the details below) that was a nice fit financially and reputation wise. It all worked out great in the end.

__
You can check them here: shipvehicles.com
Thank you for the link.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts