The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going from the stock dual muffler setup to single Apex N1 muffler. Its going to be put on my car this weekend. So I made a appt. to get my car dynoed with its current mods. which include the following:

-JWT intake
-custom 3" midpipe
-Timing advanced

fourth gear is the right dyno gear right?

will post results around 5:00 caly time..

After I get the exhaust put on I will dyno again to see any performance gains from going to a single mufler setup..

·
Yankmy Member
715 Posts
You have to find a place to host it or someone in the forum might do it. Or put it in your cars registry and put a link in a thread.

·
Disproportionate Member
716 Posts
Wow, something is going on. Aren't those lines typically much smoother?

·
Harley Polly
570 Posts
Aquineas said:
Wow, something is going on. Aren't those lines typically much smoother?
I'm not overly familiar with dyno tests and maybe someone can help me out. Is the blip at about 4000 rpm a (transmission) shift point? One thing that seems obvious, is that horsepower/torque dive off rapidly at 6100 revs. Thanks in advance.

PG:)

·
Registered
584 Posts
I think every Altima dyno I've ever seen has that dip at 4k rpms. It probably is the difference in resonance between the two intake tracts.

This dyno looks pretty much like my stock one, but for a dip below 3300 rpm or so, where you are down 5-10 ft.lbs. And up until 5700 rpm, my curve looks similar, but my curve stays basically flat from 4800-6300, before dropping off.

I'm guessing that the WAI is the primary cause of the differences, costing some low RPM HP but making a huge gain above 5700rpm. Personally, I think I'll keep my stock intake, since I'm not planning on drag racing much, although I really do want to see what I can do at sea level.

BTW, my numbers on the R&D dyno (at 2k miles) were 195hp and 213.5 ft.lbs., although others have complained about low numbers there.

·
ex-nissan owner
1,519 Posts
Kaze101 said:
you have a 3.5se and are running 213 hp max, i could've sworn the 3.5 has stock 245 hp at least!
his numbers 213, are true to the wheel hp... 245 is a overrated inflated number made by Nissan

1 - 20 of 22 Posts