The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I have searched in regards to my question and was to no avail. I was looking the pics of the good ole' Altima SE-R and of course, as many of you know, there is a straight pipe form the cat back to the "Y". I was wondering if I do this to my 2k3 3.5 what will it sound like? Will it give me more rumble because I really do not wanna replace the stock mufflers just quite yet. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
X-Mod
6,471 Posts
Yes it will, but not enough to make up for the drone you gain in the cabin at around 1900 RPM. I'd keep a resonator but go to a straight through Magnaflow design instead of the reverse flow OEM thing.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK that is cool. Drone really doesnt bother me. LOL. I had mad drone when I had my B15. People always complained about it but I was always like, "Uh, I dont hear anything". Ill price some resonators and see what I come out with. Is magnaflow the best brand?

·
Registered
486 Posts
I didn't have a drone when simply replacing the stock resonator with 2 1/4" pipe to the "Y". Sounded pretty quite. Do a search fo resonator and I think you'll find some sound clips. I can't remember how many months back that was... sorry

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have a custom altima downpipe and resonator removed with my stock exhaust and it sounds great. There is no drone whatsoever and I love the sound, it sounds like a higher pitched 350z... i would say go for it you wont be disappointed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts