Nissan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
14,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wish me luck, hehe. I'm gonna put the PS2 in it, re-locate the rear lcd, put some cupholders into it, maybe some light accents. Should take a full day to do if i start early. Anyway, pics will be up shortly after :)

·
14,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, i couldn't get to it this weekend, so the second i got home from work today, i started working on it in my garage.

When i first started, i had doubts about it, hehe. But the more i build, the more it's coming together :) I have half of the frame done for it, the ps2 sits VERY nicely in there. Just gotta figure out how i want to mount the lcd and whether or not to put in cup holders of make a storage compartment for games and stuff. I made a last second decision to make the top of the console on hinges, so i can remove the ps2 whenever i wanted to.

BTW, Dremels f*cking blow ass! I was so upset with mine. I ended up using my dads table saw and drill for everything i did today. All well. I have some pics, but i rather wait to post them until i get it completed. Should be done soon ;)

·
4,733 Posts
Cool...I can't wait to see the finished product

It sucks about what you said about the dremel...maybe you got yourself a lemon? I never heard anyone else compain :confused:

Oh well...I wonder if the rotozip is any better? I am planning on getting one soon..

·
Registered
336 Posts
Please post the pics and the steps u took to complete it... I have considered thesame thing except placing an 8 inch sub in a box firing down sealed with cup holders on top.... the sub will paly 80hz to 250hz to fill in the area between the subs and 6.5s right now only 80- 140 but i want to xovr the mids higher for more clarity... tell me how it turns out.

D

·
0 Posts
Well a dremel isn't exactly the right tool for cutting wood or drilling holes, so if thats what you were expecting it to do, you were expecting to much. Roto-zip's are quite cool for cutting odd rounded shapes, and the circle attachment is perfect for cutting the hole to mount a woofer in.

Demmy

·
DirtyD!ck MoFo
551 Posts
Are you gonna be using Fiberglass?....just a thought...you can get odd shapes and contours to the console if you play with fiberglass. I thought it was a pain working with it....but you just have to have patience mixing batches,sanding,etc,etc.
A fiberglass center console would look hot...it doesnt have to be painted either..u can wrap it with carpet or leather...:D

·
14,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
captainx75 said:
Are you gonna be using Fiberglass?....just a thought...you can get odd shapes and contours to the console if you play with fiberglass. I thought it was a pain working with it....but you just have to have patience mixing batches,sanding,etc,etc.
A fiberglass center console would look hot...it doesnt have to be painted either..u can wrap it with carpet or leather...:D
That would kick ass, but i don't have the money nor the time/patience to start to learn/work with it.

No updates really, Slowly coming along. I gotta call into work sick one day i think next week to finish it, hehe. Weekends are my only time off from work, but i'm soooo busy on them right now. grrr. When i finish it, i'll have pics and whatever else up. I'm just praying it comes out looking semi-decent, hehe ;)

·
DirtyD!ck MoFo
551 Posts
chris....u'd be surprised on how inexpensive it is to work w/fiberglass...the only thing that gets expensive is the upholstery material. a gallon of bondo is 20 bucks, fiberglass cloth is like 10 bucks..and the resin isnt to expensive either

·
14,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hmm... Where can i get all these supplies i woudl need? Home depot maybe? I knwo they sell plaster and that kinds of stuff. If it's that cheap, then i would probably look into it an dmess around with it. Let me know.

D

·
0 Posts
We tried using fiberglass to make a custom air box. It was a god damn pain in the ass. Messy as hell and would NOT come out of the mold. We did everything right as far as we knew... so if you're gonna try fiberglass... get help from someone who has done it before. You can buy all the stuff at an auto body supply place.

Demmy

·
DirtyD!ck MoFo
551 Posts
home depot should have it...like pep boys or r&s strauss should have it too...and yes..it is a pain..but its sumthing u kinda have patience for...and someone like Chris..who is creative as hell could get the hang of it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
11 Participants
captainx75
Nissan Forums
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing