The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
reppin DC crew
Joined
·
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are these subs good? is the price good? what amp would i need?

Jensen KS-2500BP Dual 10" Bandpass Subwoofer System

750 watts peak power with 250 watts RMS • 4-port design for deeper bass • Dual 4th order bandpass subwoofer system • Dual 10"Low-Q optimized drivers • Carpeted enclosure • Plexi subwoofer viewing window • Computer tuned acoustic chamber • High-mass cone subwoofer • Left and right channel inputs
Your Price: $119.99
 

·
Mine's bigger than yours
Joined
·
401 Posts
no don't buy anything jenson, ALL of jenson's products are garbage, sorry to tell you but those subs will sound like crap, expecially in a bandpass box.
 

·
reppin DC crew
Joined
·
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you. good to know. canu help me then. i want 1 good 10 or 12 or 2 10s for cheap. what should i do? i dont know anything bout systems and subs. anything would help
 

·
reppin DC crew
Joined
·
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i have a head already i need amp and subs and box.. prob 200-300 at the most. is that to little?
 

·
RINSE OUT!!!!!! RELOAD
Joined
·
950 Posts
crazymofo1986 said:
thank you. good to know. canu help me then. i want 1 good 10 or 12 or 2 10s for cheap. what should i do? i dont know anything bout systems and subs. anything would help
i've said it before, i'll say it again.

adire shiva 12 - $125


good sub.


jbl 180.2 is a great amp to push it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,740 Posts
if you get a JBL 180.2 amplifier and an Adire Audio Shiva you are setup with the best budget sub system i can think of.
$125 for the Shiva
$150 for the JBL 180.2
$60 shipped for me to make you a box, or $30 to do it yourself
$20 for 25 feet of welding cable from a fleet of welding supply store
$7 for an inline fuse holder
$10 for a distribution block in the rear
 

·
Mine's bigger than yours
Joined
·
401 Posts
rthompson said:
if you get a JBL 180.2 amplifier and an Adire Audio Shiva you are setup with the best budget sub system i can think of.
$125 for the Shiva
$150 for the JBL 180.2
$60 shipped for me to make you a box, or $30 to do it yourself
$20 for 25 feet of welding cable from a fleet of welding supply store
$7 for an inline fuse holder
$10 for a distribution block in the rear
Good chioce on sub but two things. First why would he want to go to a welding store for wire. Last time i saw any at a place like that, it didn't have a high strand count at all you can get 25 feet of 8 gauge shipped to you for $20 and under, also why would he need a distribution block? He's only runnin 1 amp..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,740 Posts
sleepa said:


Good chioce on sub but two things. First why would he want to go to a welding store for wire. Last time i saw any at a place like that, it didn't have a high strand count at all you can get 25 feet of 8 gauge shipped to you for $20 and under, also why would he need a distribution block? He's only runnin 1 amp..
we went to the local fleet supply place and got 2 ga welding cable and it was very high strand count.... 90 cents a foot. It just so happens it fits in the Radio Shack 4 Ga distro block... you need the distro block to neck it down a little, and if he ever wants another amp he doesn't have to tear up the 8 ga and relay bigger wire.
 

·
Garbologist Extrodonair
Joined
·
7,262 Posts
rthompson said:


It just so happens it fits in the Radio Shack 4 Ga distro block... you need the distro block to neck it down a little, and if he ever wants another amp he doesn't have to tear up the 8 ga and relay bigger wire.
very true................thinking ahead...........:D
 

·
<for hire>
Joined
·
2,769 Posts
rthompson said:


we went to the local fleet supply place and got 2 ga welding cable and it was very high strand count.... 90 cents a foot. It just so happens it fits in the Radio Shack 4 Ga distro block... you need the distro block to neck it down a little, and if he ever wants another amp he doesn't have to tear up the 8 ga and relay bigger wire.
except the part that he could just run another 8 gauge wire beside it with ease... which would be the same as 4 gauge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,740 Posts
assassin said:

except the part that he could just run another 8 gauge wire beside it with ease... which would be the same as 4 gauge.
yeah, but two 20 ft runs of 4 ga will be around $1.70 per foot compared to the $.90 per foot that the welding cable is.
 

·
Po-rican
Joined
·
403 Posts
Just my $.02 but I paid only $40 for my audiobahn 4 ga kit. It came with everything I needed ( 20/25ft 4 ga power, 4 ga ground, gold plated RCA's, remote line, even speaker wire, and all the lil conectors for batery ground etc). I was VERY satisfied with the quality, and when I ever get off my ass and get some components all I need is a distribution block short RCA's and a ground to conect my rf 250a2.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top