The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Girl-Moderator
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, Just got my shorty shifter in and am now in the market for a new shift knob. I want something short. Any ideas on sites or places where I could get something nice for a good price?

·
788 Posts
You say you want something short...I hope you realize that ANY knob you put on will come up as high as the stocker. It just LOOKS tall. It actually just goes DOWN farther. Just letting you know.

Out.

·
Girl-Moderator
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not really understanding what you are trying to say. I have the Tegra shorty shifter. The knob i have on there right now is about 3.5-4.0" tall and is very shallow, so will only do so far down on the shifter. I want one about 2" tall so that it doesn't bring me back to stock height. There are ones like Razo and Ractive that will let you adjust the height as well and the Ractive just plain lets you go down further than the one I have now for sure. So don't know what you're saying.

·
788 Posts
Sorry, what I meant was...If you put the STOCK knob on the new shifter...and then put on ANY other knob, they will come up to the exact same height. Think of it like this...You're a chick, right? If you put on a long dress, you're 5'4" (or whatever) If you put on a short dress, you're still gonna be 5'4". The stock shiftknob just comes further down, making it appear taller. I actually bought a new knob, too, a smallish round annodized ball, but it didn't shorten anything. I hope I was more clear...:cool:

Out.

·
Girl-Moderator
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see what you're saying, but if you put one that is taller on, it increases the height at which your hand could potentially rest. You're a guy, right. Let's say your Johnson is 6" long, well there's 6" of stuff to grab. Well let's say, you're only 2"...where those only 2" of stuff to grab. Get it? And some knobs do go further down on the shifter itself than others. Some shifters come with a sleeve that's only like 1 1/2" in tall, so the knob only comes down so far. If is has the longer sleeve. it will go down further. That's all i'm saying. I have like 4 different after market knobs, but don't like any of them now with my yellow shift boot.

·
Too Loud??? Never!!!!
167 Posts
Try this website, I bought my Razo knob there.

http://www.autoimaging.com/Razo.html#prod30

Hope this helps. With your car and interior, I'd probably go w/ the either the black suede leather knob or the black resin knob. They are both 19.99 plus shipping. Laterz.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts