The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
OG
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The article in about the 2005 Frontier ... but they give a lot of info about some engine line-up changes.

VQ35DE -> VQ40DE
If the VQ35DE in the 350Z makes 287 bhp, we’d bet a few dollars the new VQ40DE would (or could easily) crank out over 290 horsepower and a lot more torque.
Ka24DE = the end.
Oh yeah, the base 4-cylinder Frontier will use the relatively new 4 banger QR25DE (found in the Altima and SE-R), thus ending the life span of the venerable KA24DE engine in the United States (Thankfully –T.H.).
http://www.freshalloy.com/site/cars/nissan/2005/frontier/home.shtml

the VQ40 comment made me think ... 2005/6 g35c?

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
They've been bumping the HP on the VQ35 engines. The 3.5L still has potential and I don't think we'll be seeing the 4.0L VQs in anything but truck/SUV applications for the next few years. With the next Frontier and Xterra receiving new engines (and Pathfinder going from VQ35 to VQ40), the KA AND VG motors end their service.

And a VQ40DE in a G35 would make it a G40. :)

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
fr0mastaj said:
What does the DE stand for??
D is for valve train. D stands for DOHC. If it was SOHC, there would be no letter. V is for DOHC with variable valve lift.

E is for fuel delivery. E stands for multiport fuel injection. No letter means carburetor. i means throttle body fuel injection. D means direct injection.

Examples:

SR20DET: SR series, 2.0L, DOHC, multiport fuel injection, single turbo

VG33ER: VG series, 3.3L, SOHC, multiport fuel injection, supercharged

VQ25DD: VQ series, 2.5L, DOHC, direct injection

VG30DETT: VG series, 3.0L, DOHC, multiport fuel injection, twin turbo

SR20VET: SR serives, 2.0L, DOHC+VVL, multiport fuel injection, single turbo

·
OG
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SR20VET NEO VVL - sr series, 2L dohc, variable valve and lift, single turbo, rocker roller, direct injection

^ hawtness.

·
too cute
1,357 Posts
^^Already been done. I posted pics of it like 2 years back. They were used in the Xanavi and Top Secret R34s.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Making a V6 that big is pointless in my opinion. If you're pushing a displacement that big, you may as well go V8.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts