The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if any of you guys know of a good turbo shop here in the valley. My bro and I bought an '02 Subaru WRX and the turbo isn't building any boost. AsleepAltima and I took a look at it but couldn't figure out why the wastegate is not closing.

Any help will be greatly appreciated... :D

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the wastegate IS internal but the arm that controls it is external.

No clue as to what a charge pipe is... (dont know shit about turbos)

Yes, there is a vacum line hooked up to the wastegate...

·
donor cycle
14,572 Posts
check the cold-side piping (piping that routes air-charge from turbo to intake)

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
we moved the bracket. there also isnt any kinks in the vacuum lines. you can hear the turbo spool, but no boost. i hooked up the ebc and you can see it hit 2 lbs of boost and thats it. according to everything i read, that thing should be hitting anywhere between 9-14 lbs of boost. it doesnt get anywhere near that. also, when it goes into boost, theres a nasty rattle that comes from the turbo area. the turbo itself is brand new.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well I dont know whats wrong with it nor do I have the knowledge to mess with it myself. That is why the purpose of this thread was to find a good shop, not to troubleshoot the problem.

So anyone know of a good turbo shop here in the valley? :D

·
donor cycle
14,572 Posts
did you wiggle the flux capacitor?

hehe

i don't know of any shops in particular other than intense and they = $$$

·
The Dude
8,837 Posts
I would take a look at it, but I'm going to cali for the next three days. youre welcome to bring it by some morning next week. pm me bro.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took it to a shop today... they'll let me know whats wrong tomorrow. Hopefully the news are good....

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, looks like the wastegate isn't opening and that might have caused some internal engine problems... :(

We're going to try putting the original turbo on it (which isn't bad) and see if that one works. If all else fails we're just gonna drop a new motor in it and then sell it.

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
lemme know how much its going to go for... pm me the price. i or someone else might be interested.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll let you know when we're ready to sell it... we actually discussed it today that if we decide not to drop a new engine in it we're just gonna send it through the auction and make a couple grand on it.

But like I said, I'll let you know before we make any final decisions...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts