Nissan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, good to be here again!

I got a quick question, at about 4000-6000 RPMS my car pulls like nothing before....but at around 5000 RPMs my engine starts making a different sound....a little less bass, still pulls just as nice though. Is that everyone or just me (<60k miles on it, so it shouldnt be too messed up so far)

Peace

·
Haf you seen my baseball?
179 Posts
What kind of sound? I have a 95 that just got over 60 k miles and whenever I sort of push hard on the gas theres like a whistling sound that people say sounds like a turbo starting up (without the sound of the blow off valve releasing unfortunately). If its something like that then I have the same sound and I have no idea

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Yeah, I noticed it tonight as I did a passing maneuver around a focus in 2nd and 3rd gears. Around 5ish it's not as throaty and starts to get whiny, but not Honda whiny. I'm not sure what that is.
I know on maximas, that's when it switches to short runners for quicker air intake. But I don't think we have 2 runners on our cars. I'm stumped.
Jay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
ThurzNite
Nissan Forums
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing