The Nissan Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I am new to this forum as I wanted to come to the experts on Altimas and not rely on those value calculators all over the web. I own a 2011 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SR with a few mods and 125,000 miles. Was curious as to what a fair selling price would be with the mods, and is it better advised to sell privately or at the dealer if I am in the market for a new car? Any replies are welcome and appreciated. Thanks, and sorry if this post is bad or anything.
Mods:
K&N Typhoon 69 Cold air Intake
Custom Exhaust
Black American Racing Rims
Z rated Tires
MGP Carbon Caliper Covers
Nissan Banner Decal
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Nissan Luxury vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Personal luxury car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Alloy wheel

·
Registered
238 Posts
It looks very nice!
Mileage affects a lot the final price. I think you should try to sell it privately first, if no success then resign and go to the dealer for a fraction of the price but with less hassle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks very nice!
Mileage affects a lot the final price. I think you should try to sell it privately first, if no success then resign and go to the dealer for a fraction of the price but with less hassle
Okay thank you so much for the input, I think I’ll consider trying cars.com or any other site that looks good. I can’t really seem to find many Altima 3.5 SR for reference point for asking price so I’ll see what I can do. Thank you again I appreciate it!

·
Registered
238 Posts
The price isn't much much different from the 2.5, you have to find a buyer that is looking for a 3.5 like yours, otherwise people think of Altima as all the same... For that reason the 3.5 is a good sleeper.

I tried cars.com and received lots of scam sms saying that he will schedule a tow truck to pickup and pay via paypal... So beware of fraud sms but you will receive some in the first 20h after listing it. I don't like speaking over the phone (I can't understand many accents) so I had to remove it.

Try searching cars using autotempest.com and list it on various sites (eBay is also good and cars are a bit more expensive than cars.com)

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
The MGP Carbon Caliper Covers and Nissan Banner Decal together, on the same car, add at least $487.32 to the asking price.
Throw on a STP decal and it bumps the price up to an even $500.00.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[/QUOTE]
The MGP Carbon Caliper Covers and Nissan Banner Decal together, on the same car, add at least $487.32 to the asking price.
Throw on a STP decal and it bumps the price up to an even $500.00.
I would hope my mods if I sell privately will make a difference, I assume at a dealer though it won’t make a difference. My exhaust I know will be a negative thing for dealers?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Another good idea would be to go to a dealer or two, see what they offer and have it as a reference of the lowest you can take privately.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another good idea would be to go to a dealer or two, see what they offer and have it as a reference of the lowest you can take privately.
Yeah that’s a good idea, I was thinking of taking it to my local Nissan Dealer, and another big dealer in my local area. I just hope my exhaust isn’t a big turn off, I would link to my exhaust but it says it’s spam so oh well??‍♂

1 - 9 of 9 Posts