The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
hard on equipment
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to assume this is the same for all years, but mine's a 2000 just in case. The section of intake piping where the MAF is located has two vacuum hoses attached - one going to the valve cover and one to what looks like a reservoir below. Is that lower thing a resonator for the intake?

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
joehotrod said:
if i'm reading you right, it's just an extra airbox to help muffel the intake air noise
yeah, that's what i was thinkin. There are at least 3 resonator boxes in the air intake. One in the fender well, and 2 in the engine bay itself. Maybe more, not sure, i have a 97

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
jbuffethed said:
I took all the resonators off and just have the MAF and the cone. I love the deep throaty sound
sounds even better with the CAI

"WWWWHHHOOOOOMMMMMMMM!" Man i love it! Sounds like a damn V-8 or VTEC or somethin.

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
altise said:
What's the effect on gas milage, performance. . .is it mainly a sound difference?
No, there is a power gain in mid range of the rpms. From about 3000 up until 5500 or so. It's sounds really good, but there is a perfromance gain to it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Can comeone take a few pics of the area that you're talking about? I'm confused what exactly you all mean. . .

·
Registered
3 Posts
So if you take off all 3 resonators (the black boxes), you will get a little performance gain but a deeper sound? Anyside effects? Can you do this even if you don't have a filter, WAI, or CAI?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts