The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Hispanic Causin Panic
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man i got pulled by a state police officer in VA for speeding. the damn radar detector didnt go off till i was about 100 meters away from the cop. My buddy said that the cops in VA are starting to turn radar on at the last minute becasue they know ppl are using radar detectors illegally in VA. I didnt want to argue with the cop telling him that its bullshit cause he didnt get a full vehicle history on the radar for my car cause he would know i had the detector in my ride , but that cop was a fuc*in liar . i would rather pay the ticket and take it up the tailpipe than have my sh*t taken away and really fuc*ing my insurance. Whats really funny was that i was actually doing 85 and not 79 . Oh Well!!!:angry2:

·
Hispanic Causin Panic
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FASTima said:
Did you see the officer's name ??? Was it Griff ???

I guess this is not the time for that... sorry to hear that dude, good luck with it :(
Lmmfao , well the ticket is 151.00 bucks , and the radar detector was 260 . so i can live with it i guess . insurance isnt gonna change.

if it was griff he would have made up somthing like i had a tailight out and took me off to jail. He no loves the brown peoples..

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
What happened here:

A) He knows you're doing 85 and gave you a break by writing 75

B) He doesn't have anything turn on and go by eye and give you a random guess ticket. Since you didn't raise hell, he knew he got ya.

I don't know about your local law but can't you usually ask to see what the cop measure you with?

·
Hispanic Causin Panic
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Xtrema said:
What happened here:

A) He knows you're doing 85 and gave you a break by writing 75

B) He doesn't have anything turn on and go by eye and give you a random guess ticket. Since you didn't raise hell, he knew he got ya.

I don't know about your local law but can't you usually ask to see what the cop measure you with?
I asked him if i could see my vehicle history on the radar. he said that he didnt lock it in , and that the state of Virginia doesnt require officers to do so. I think that is such bullshit but i called a few other police stations and they told me the same.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Most cops around here usually use instant on radar guns. It renders your radar detector virtually useless. It'll go off, but by the time it does, you'll be looking at the cop. For future reference, be lucky that you didn't get nailed with ur actual speed and slow down some.

Unless your travelling across several states where you'll be shaving an hour or more off your time, it's not worth speeding to get somewhere a whole 5 minutes faster.

·
Thought Police Officer
564 Posts
I don't speed cuz I'm in a hurry...I usually leave very early just in case of anything. I speed because I enjoy it, and I really can't stand driving at 65 when the lane is clear and no one will be endangered by my driving a little faster. It's a personal freedom thing. I know I'm speeding; I don't do it recklessly, but if the cops decide to call me on it, so be it. I can't stand people who will speed and then slam on their brakes at the first sight of blue. THOSE are the dangerous drivers in my book.

Ok, off the soapbox now...

·
young & stupid
3,685 Posts
G_G_L said:
another bullshit ticket. cops need a better hobby. i have no problem with tickets to people who acutally speed. but a whopping 14mph over the limit?
actually...he was going 20 over so the cop let him off easy

yeah this kinda happened with me once...i was clocked at 60 in a 45 but the cop said that i was still accelerating when he was pullin me over..which i was. that's another reason i didn't end up spending on a radar detector..they're gettin smart and a cop member told me all the tricks cops have

·
Back by unpopular demand
1,628 Posts
GcDiaz said:
I don't speed cuz I'm in a hurry...I usually leave very early just in case of anything. I speed because I enjoy it, and I really can't stand driving at 65 when the lane is clear and no one will be endangered by my driving a little faster. It's a personal freedom thing. I know I'm speeding; I don't do it recklessly, but if the cops decide to call me on it, so be it. I can't stand people who will speed and then slam on their brakes at the first sight of blue. THOSE are the dangerous drivers in my book.

Ok, off the soapbox now...
would you suggest to keep speeding past the cop?

·
Thought Police Officer
564 Posts
No, don't speed past the cops...that's a sign of blatant disrespect, and I DO respect them for the job they do. BUT, I wouldn't stomp on the brakes in a panic like some people do, thereby creating a very dangerous driving situation for whoever's behind you. I've seen pile-ups ALMOST happen because of people so afraid of a ticket.

If they clock me, they clock me; I take my ticket home and I pay it or fight it if I didn't deserve it. If I happen to see the cop in time, I'll take my foot off the gas to let the car slow down naturally. I never travel so fast that I need to brake quickly anyway. 75-80 is my average. I only go higher when my adrenaline goes up for whatever reason.

·
Banned
413 Posts
I can't stand people who will speed and then slam on their brakes at the first sight of blue. THOSE are the dangerous drivers in my book.
Well if the persons behind the car is not tail gating/following to close it would not be dangerous would it? You would deffinatly slam on your brakes to get out of a ticket it's just natural human instinct/reaction I know I do when my detector goes off.

Radar dectectors do cause a feeling of false sence of security but if you use them in conjuction with your good cop spotting skills(if yoy have them) you can be almost unstopple except to instant-on/POP radar.

·
DON'T!!! I'm watching you
2,795 Posts
Both ends are wrong, you don't just slam on your brakes and you don't just keep speeding either. The smartest thing would obviously be releasing the gas pedal and pressing the brake pedal a little tiny bit enough to reduce your speed in aprox 25% in the next 2 - 4 sec or so.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts