The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Holla!
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way to pick my little brother up from high school. I was at a stop, going straight, and the dumb high school girl that hit me was on the opposite side turning left. So when it was clear, i went straight, she went too, and she didnt have her blinker on, and i guess she didnt see me and turned right into me! She hit me in the little spot on the fender between the wheel and door, and it scraped all along the driver side of my car. So i have a dent there and a nice swipe across my car. :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: Well i talked to my mom about it, and she said that it will probably be both of our faults because that intersection is hecktic, and that i wont be able to afford my car after this. :angry4: Ugh! My mom is never on my side! And just like 10 mins ago the dumb girls mom called me and asked if i wanted for both of us to get estimates on the damage and not settle this through insurance. I dont really know what to do right now. I'm really pissed off. :angry4: And its like 9 hours until my 18th birthday. So i think im just gunna go out with some friends and party at a strip club and try to forget about all this by drinking myself stupid. Do you guys think it will be both our faults if i take it through insurance? Or should i go with what the girls mom said?

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
if she's willing to pay for it, then let her pay. word of advise, go get the most expensive estimate you can get

·
588 Posts
get an estimate from the dealer, give it to her insurance company, it was ur right of way, same thign happened to my friend after some guy who worked for the department of transportation hit him, he had to pay up, if u had no lights or stop sign and u were moving and she took the turn with out looking its her fault for sure. take it to court if u haev to

·
Holla!
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
asf4life said:
if u had no lights or stop sign and u were moving and she took the turn with out looking its her fault for sure.
Both of us had stop signs, going across a kind of busy street. And she didn't have her blinker on, and when it was clear i started to go first, then she turned into me.

Well i just talked to my wise father about it, and he told me that i should call the girl and tell her that I think that she was at fault. Then fill out an accident report, get an estimate if i need to, then turn it in. And my dad said since she has safeco insurance, that they are good and will pay for it. And if i didnt go through insurance that the girl most likely wont have enough money to pay for all of it, and try to get out of it. So I think that's what im gunna do. I hope everything works out, and that I get a fat check out of it. :angel1:

·
4,020 Posts
Go through insurance, it's your best and safest bet. I guess maybe I just don't trust people enough, but I know I would never take someones word about paying for an accident.

·
Pacman
341 Posts
If it was a stop sign for both of you, it should be her fault, especially considering she did not use her blinker. Did you get the police to come out or anything? If not, the blinker thing could be hard to prove, but the damage should show that it was her fault anyway.

·
Holla!
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, no police. I wish i would have gotten a witness, because when it happend i stoped as soon as i could and opened the door to see where she was going, and this guy behind her had his jaw dropped and pointed to where she stopped her car for me. But he drove off after, make that be a lesson to everyone. Lots of other people saw it too, but everyone drove off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts