The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Dreamer
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn man, a SUV ran a red light and clipped my front bumper from the side. My front bumper cover, headlights, foglights came flying off......My R fender is bent. Good thing my Hood, and the inner plastic structure behind the front bumper are still intact. Damn man so messed up. The SUV nearly destroyed my car and theres almost no damage on the SUV....

So now I need

-Front bumper
-headlights
-foglights
-R fender
-many plastic pieces

God damnit...shit shit shit shit shit.

·
Dreamer
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i am ok, but my altima is in very bad shape. Shit shit shit.

·
Dreamer
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the worst part is....i dont have the cash to fix it! That means I can't drive my car! Damnit.

·
I don't care
3,361 Posts
N2O Altima said:
Isnt there a thing called insurance?
I was thinking that too. But first be glad you are ok. And 2nd be happy it didn't do as much damage (could have been a lot worse, I was hit by an SUV before too).

·
Registered
11 Posts
sorry to hear that

man altimas suck when it comes to the way they hold up in wrecks, someone slammed on there brakes in front of me a week after i bought my 2000 and i rear ended them going like 30 and it cost me 3000 to fix my car

·
Registered
14 Posts
same thing happened to my car when it was a few weeks old.. an expedition slammed into me.. damn those airbags have a punch to them.. glad to hear your ok

·
Dreamer
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nah dont want the insurance to know....I am only 18...if the insurance found out that i got in an accident, they are gonna raise my rates sky high! Probably gonna raise it by the thousands......so I rather fix it myself.

·
your mom felt my length
886 Posts
i got into a wreck with my toyota camry once...ripped off everything that you got ripped off, the other car (BMW 310i or something) had like headlight damage...insurance totaled my car...then i got an alty :D

and tell insurance...cause since it wasn't your fault it won't go up that much (in the thousands), i told mine the minute i got home and my rate when up like $30-40/month for like alittle over a year...so that was like $500 more a year which is starting to go down now (been 18 months since my wreck) and i got a new car out of it...soooo, just tell them...i mean if the other guys tells them, you're insurance is gonna go up too...so i'd get the money instead of only a higher rate...

·
Dreamer
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Also, its my words against his. He said he had a yellow so he didn;t stop, but I am pretty sure that it was a lie cause i got a green. He just gave me $500...I know its not a lot but its either $500 or going for the insurance.

Anyways, anyone know any good hook ups to get cheaper OEM parts? I need a R fender, front SE bumper, right front headlight and right fog light.

·
Tofu Shop Owner
888 Posts
Your insurance won't go up because it wasn't your fault, so you won't pick up any points from it. You were not at fault.

FYI: Even if he had a Yellow, he isn't supposed to accelerate through the intersection. You're always supposed to stop/slow down for a yellow, unless it turns yellow while you're in the intersection.

Glad to hear that you're OK.

·
Registered
243 Posts
RPMK104 said:
Nah dont want the insurance to know....I am only 18...if the insurance found out that i got in an accident, they are gonna raise my rates sky high! Probably gonna raise it by the thousands......so I rather fix it myself.
good thinkin bud..i wish i did that i got in a fender bender and now my insurance is sky high...keep it on the DL

·
Rally Edition
268 Posts
PT said:
Your insurance won't go up because it wasn't your fault, so you won't pick up any points from it. You were not at fault.
that's what i thought when i got rear-ended. but when the police officer asked me what i wanted to do, i asked him if my insurance would go up if i reported it (even though it wasn't my fault) and he said yes.

·
Tofu Shop Owner
888 Posts
Flea said:

that's what i thought when i got rear-ended. but when the police officer asked me what i wanted to do, i asked him if my insurance would go up if i reported it (even though it wasn't my fault) and he said yes.
Crap!!! So the Insurance goes up even if you don't pick up any points!!!??? That's Retarded!!!

·
Bboy Style
1,593 Posts
PT said:

Crap!!! So the Insurance goes up even if you don't pick up any points!!!??? That's Retarded!!!
It's true...my father's friend had 3 accidents in one year...all of which wasn't his fault. But still, the very next year...his premium nearly doubled! I guess eventhough the insurance company saw that he wasn't at fault w/ any of the accidents, they still labeled him "accident-prone".

Anyway...sorry to hear about your mishap RPMK104...but glad to hear that you're all right though!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts