The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
young & stupid
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my siig soundwave pro 5.1 external sound card(not the best but i wasn't looking for high tech )...it fixed the speaker humming problem i had...but now the subwoofer wont play ...it's a CA 2.1 with one plug that goes into the headphone jack of my laptop....and because there's only one plug..i can only plug it into the "front" jack in the external card....is that the reason my subs' not working...is there anything i can do?

·
Thought Police Officer
564 Posts
funny...check your connections (I'm referring to how the satellites are conected to the sub). You're not trying to pull off some cheap-o surround, are you? Check your sub volume knob (or lever). Maybe you've got it set too low. There is no front/back, sat/sub sound separation with a 2.1 system...it takes all the sound at once and amps the bass accordingly.

·
young & stupid
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nah...i'm using cyber acoustics 2.1's so it's only 2 satellites and a sub. like the sub still works when i jack it into the laptop headphone jacks.

here's some quick pics

the green plug is the one going from the soundcard to the sub and from the sub goes to the satallites

·
Thought Police Officer
564 Posts
wha ****?? Dude, I don't see anything wrong with your configuration...If you ask me, you should just get new speakers...I have a Creative 2.1 at home, use it for my PS2 and DVD's...sounds pretty damn good for such a small setup. Only cost me $45.

And whaddaya mean no one comes to this forum??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts