The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Girl-Moderator
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my UR pulley installed today. My bf and his buddy put it in. A sidenote for anyone who is going to do this. Go ahead and just file/grind down the timing chain cover, no matter what. :) There really isn't a way to check to see if it will rub or not without basically installing it and then pulling it back out with the pulley puller. Well mine rubbed so they actually ended up installing it twice. But it was pretty straight forward. The first time took them 45 minutes with 2 guys, air gun/wrench and a floor jack. The extra time to file down would have added 5-10 minutes so they could have easily done it in less than an hour. The stock pulley is at least 10x heavier and of course bigger. The belts went on just fine with loosening the alternator and the small pulley. Performances differences are it seems it want to pull harder in the mid and high ranges. Top end feels more eager to pull. When leaving my boyfriend's buddy's house, we were able to do about a 15 foot burnout (which had really never happened before) before he let off of it,,,on 18's:) All in all, a good mod, and recommended. I didn't get any pix while they were doing it cuz the digi cam batteries died. This install was on a 96' 1st gen 5-speed. Header to get here on Monday, gonna be installed along with 2.25" mandrel bent stainless and high flow cat next week. I'll let ya'll know how that goes.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
hey altimavixen..i give you madd props girl. you do more ish to your car than SOME of these members on here. :) TOPNOTCH!!!!
and for 2nd gen people..you dont have to file anything.

·
Die Trying
2,554 Posts
yeah, you're definately surprising me too. And not only are you doing all this stuff to your car, but you're doing it right. And that will help you go a long way with the Altima.

Good work, and keep it up

·
Girl-Moderator
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. More of the vision is my bf's. He has pretty much come up with the concept for my car. Kinda a mix of show, audio, and go. He knows alot more about this stuff than I do but he takes the time to explain it to me, like what things do, and I usually help and watch so I learn along the way too. I never really had a sense for customizing or even have your car be different, but now I just wanna have a fast grocery getter. It's funny b/c people call his Cherokee a grocery getter too, but it has a 6" lift! I just can't wait to get my header and exhaust done this week. Fuel pressure regulator will be here this week too! :) In case you haven't seen it, his truck is below.

·
Like a Villain
1,526 Posts
congrats on the install, glad to hear it hear it helped in performance.

·
*Honorary Member* Bass&Style is all U need.
3,923 Posts
AltimaVixen said:
Got my UR pulley installed today. My bf and his buddy put it in. A sidenote for anyone who is going to do this. Go ahead and just file/grind down the timing chain cover, no matter what. :) There really isn't a way to check to see if it will rub or not without basically installing it and then pulling it back out with the pulley puller. Well mine rubbed so they actually ended up installing it twice. But it was pretty straight forward. The first time took them 45 minutes with 2 guys, air gun/wrench and a floor jack. The extra time to file down would have added 5-10 minutes so they could have easily done it in less than an hour. The stock pulley is at least 10x heavier and of course bigger. The belts went on just fine with loosening the alternator and the small pulley. Performances differences are it seems it want to pull harder in the mid and high ranges. Top end feels more eager to pull. When leaving my boyfriend's buddy's house, we were able to do about a 15 foot burnout (which had really never happened before) before he let off of it,,,on 18's:) All in all, a good mod, and recommended. I didn't get any pix while they were doing it cuz the digi cam batteries died. This install was on a 96' 1st gen 5-speed. Header to get here on Monday, gonna be installed along with 2.25" mandrel bent stainless and high flow cat next week. I'll let ya'll know how that goes.

I actually have pics... scanned in too. Just been to lazy to post them.

·
350Z
6,057 Posts
U/D pulley is definately noticable but I bet it would more so on a 5spd cause you're always in high rpms. I feel the delayed shift and how the engine wants to climb. Definately worth the $150 or so it goes for. Good job AV.

Are you getting stillen or hotshot header?

·
Girl-Moderator
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hotshot. This was the 2nd time we tried ordering the header. We tried before on another group buy, we waited several months, guy couldn't get it together, so we got a refund. But this time(w/ Fredro), we waited a few months again, but it will on our porch this morning.

·
Official Troll
3,031 Posts
98se said:

Cool, I'll keep that in mind when I get mine.
same here.... thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts