The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i went to change my struts this weekend i happened to notice that one of the studs for the wheels was broken off and sanded down. It wasnt broken when i first got it. So it had to be them. But it was about 3 months ago and I have no reciept. So I dont think I can do anything, or am I wonrg?....But i figured the least they could do is let me know its broken. I dont know just seeing if you tihnk i have options and how bad it is to drive around on 3 studs. I guess i have been doing it sinc ethen so its fine so far

·
"Respect My Authoritei"
11,610 Posts
Man that sux. I cannot believe the mechanic did not own up to his mistake. That business could of been held liable if something bad would of happen to you, due to the missing stud. I would still go back and talk to the manager/owner. They could at least pull your receipt and see who the mechanic was.

Who knows, this mechanic might have many complaints against him already, and you might prevent someone else from getting hurt because of this dude!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Be glad thats all they did, yeh he shoulda deffinetly owned up to it, but it could be worst.
I went to town fair tire a few weeks back to get new tires mounted on my 18's and the guy that was supposed to drive it into the garage, instead of putting it in reverse to back away from the curb/building put the in 1st took out my stillen lip, broke my bumper in half, took a huge chunk out of my wheel and tire in the front amongst a bunch of other stuff

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
my stepmom's eclipse was side swiped and while it was at the dealership for repair, somebody tried to jack the car up by just sticking a jack up under the floor board. and they didn't even try to bang it back down, just left it that way. the car was taken back the next day.

for you, i'd take it back up there.

·
Registered
325 Posts
drummerlax628 said:
how bad it is to drive around on 3 studs. I guess i have been doing it sinc ethen so its fine so far

2 years ago i was driving on I78 with 3 studs on the left rear tire, well i caught a flat on that tire but when i went to change it, one of the other studs broke so i was left with two,a state trooper comes up to me and asked me if we were ok and when he saw the tire, he said that i wasn't gonna drive like that, but he was cool, he took my fam and i to a near hotel,where we waited for my wifes cousin for 5 hours to pick us up. i fixed it the next day while it was freezing cold. anyway i would get it fixed asap.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
drummerlax628 said:
when i went to change my struts this weekend i happened to notice that one of the studs for the wheels was broken off and sanded down. It wasnt broken when i first got it. So it had to be them. But it was about 3 months ago and I have no reciept. So I dont think I can do anything, or am I wonrg?....But i figured the least they could do is let me know its broken. I dont know just seeing if you tihnk i have options and how bad it is to drive around on 3 studs. I guess i have been doing it sinc ethen so its fine so far
if im reading this correctly, the stud was broken before you took it to them. if that is the case, all they did was sand it down for you. i dont see what you are gonna bitch at them about.

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
yup as peterson said, cheap andquick. on a 5 stud i may run for a while with only 4.. but when your doing 3 on a 4 stud...ehhh better to play it safe and get it fixed. Aso for something that happen that long ago you may have trouble getting them to fess up or fix it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts