The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
hello
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I parked my baby in an illegal spot and it got towed in like 5 minutes! the thing is...my butt was facing the to truck, and my front was against the wall. so i had my ebrake on. and they towed it by picking up my rear and rolling it. Did that damage my car really bad? because the alty is a front wheel drive....

·
Long Time Caller
1,951 Posts
oooo that sucks. if it was in nuetral, you'll be ok, but its still not good. i would bitch at them, but hey, it never does any good

·
Altima Crazy!!!
417 Posts
that is never good.... it should NEVER be towed with the drive wheels on the ground... it even says in the manual... you should really look into that.... legaly or something, you might notice stuff happening..... dont let it go while it just happened, if something happens and you go back saying, it was cuz of the tow then no one will remember it and you wont get as much dont....

·
Registered
432 Posts
The sentiment here just boggles the mind.

·
*Donating Member* Member
878 Posts
Back when I was still a smoker, and there was some construction going on in the building I worked in downtown, there was a number of meter parking spaces that had the meters bagged and were reserved for construction vehicles. It was fun to smoke and watch the cars get towed away. I think the foreman just waited for people to park there, and the tow truck must have been waiting just around the corner.

Anyway, those tow truck guys were brutal. They would use a slim jim to try to gain access to the car, pop the hood, then use a crow bar under the hood to force the transmission into neutral if it was an automatic. If entry could not be gained, they hooked up, dragged the car out of the space, then hooked to the front to tow away. If the parking brake was on, too bad.

That is why if a sign states "No Parking" I don't park there. Such a simple concept. The tow truck drivers can mess your car up dragging it around. It puts a lot of stress on the transmission, and can damage brakes. If you don't notice any damage, then chalk it up to a lesson learned. If you do notice damage, well you were parked illegally, and once again--lesson learned.

Hope things are OK with your car though.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,286 Posts
FWD + tow = Very bad..especially if the car is not running.....and they tow it with the front wheels on the ground

·
Registered
123 Posts
the guy was parked illegally, but does that give the tow truck the right to knowingly do something that could potentially **** up his car. i dont ****ing think so. im sure you have parked illegally before. and if something is ****ed up then yes he can do something about it. can a cop kick your ass for murdering someone... no. and if he does he is in trouble for it. so if the guy who towed your car ****ed something up then they are responsible whether you were parked illegally or not. you pay the fine, and the towing charge, but they pay for whatever they ****ed up. years ago a friend of mine had the all wheel drive eclipse gsx. this is a vehicle that should have been towed with a flat bed. but they dragged it. so the tranny was ****ed. it took a year or so to get money out of them,but he got it. i would bug the **** out on the tow company if something was ****ed up. even if it isnt, i would make a big stink about it and send something in writing so you have documentation in case you have to take them to court.

something along the lines of a type written fax from you to them. stating that you are displeased with the method "x towing" towed your vehichle. and if there should be any problems incured due to their unprofessional method of towing you expect "x towing" to be 100% responsible for the damage. furthermore, you are having your car looked at by an official nissan dealer for possible damage, and if such damage is found you will forward that information to "x towing" asap. then add your signature, date, and keep the confirmation report you get when faxing this letter...

now, the chances of damage are pretty low if you were in nuetral. also, if he only towed it through slow city streets. if he was doing 90 on the highway, then that will increase your chances.

any tow company should know how to do the right thing with your car. but most of those guys are stupid, and angry at the world so they almost intentionally **** peoples stuff up. i know a handful of guys that tow and most of them dont give a **** about peoples expensive property. in their mind if your illegally parked you deserve it. and i bet they have all illegally parked before. i cant ****ing stand people who have no respect for other peoples property.:angry2:

·
Frozen Member
1,326 Posts
i don't know if it is damaged - would be turning the motor over as it was dragged.

Buddy02 said:
He will get nothing he was parked illeagal thats what you get.
^
also, if you don't want to help someone don't, but no need to make him feel worse.

·
Registered
123 Posts
buddy, do you drive a tow truck by chance.:rolleyes:

·
est. 1973
2,884 Posts
bmfgsxr said:
buddy, do you drive a tow truck by chance.:rolleyes:
No But people who do dumb ass things annoy me. Its not like he parked somwhere he thought was ok he parked where he new it shouldnt where it would get towed. I do feel bad for his car if it is ****ed but come on he did it to himself. Maybe he has never seen a car get towed before. I have seen the way some dirt ball tow truck driver treats the cars and Ive seen cycles get towed with chains wraped right in the bike ****ing up the paint bending the exhaust. So I know why they make those signs saying no parking and have created those things called parking lots,meters,ramps, valet, etc.

JMO

·
Mature Member
1,874 Posts
Buddy02 said:
No But people who do dumb ass things annoy me. Its not like he parked somwhere he thought was ok he parked where he new it shouldnt where it would get towed. I do feel bad for his car if it is ****ed but come on he did it to himself. Maybe he has never seen a car get towed before. I have seen the way some dirt ball tow truck driver treats the cars and Ive seen cycles get towed with chains wraped right in the bike ****ing up the paint bending the exhaust. So I know why they make those signs saying no parking and have created those things called parking lots,meters,ramps, valet, etc.

JMO
Then next time you read a post like this where someone is paying for something when they should have known better, why don't you in your all knowing wisdom just keep it to yourself? There is nothing more obnoxious than someone pointing out the obvious in a bad situation....

·
hello
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
FYI: i did not know it was an illegal spot. there was no sign on the spot or the ones next to me. only a few spaces down. but when i went to get my car, they said that the whole lot is for that building only. THERE WAS NO SIGN.

Buddy02: I didnt make this post so people like you can kick me when im down. I asked a simple question: whether or not there would be damage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
fr0mastaj said:
FYI: i did not know it was an illegal spot. there was no sign on the spot or the ones next to me. only a few spaces down. but when i went to get my car, they said that the whole lot is for that building only. THERE WAS NO SIGN.

Buddy02: I didnt make this post so people like you can kick me when im down. I asked a simple question: whether or not there would be damage.
Buddy02 take a lesson from fr0mastaj on how to post a question and when he got slammed from you he did not stoop to your level and fire back. Asking a simple honest question should not have been means to flame him.

·
Mature Member
1,874 Posts
fr0mastaj said:

Sorry I assumed you knew, it's just that the post kinda read like that. :)

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Buddy02 said:
:eek:wned:

Thats your own fault:rolleyes:
Yo Buddy help a brother out! Quit pointing the finger! Yes we do dumb things in our lives and yes sometimes the consequences are painfull but be supportive and positive in your response since that's what a fellow member needs from all of us! Peace!

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,286 Posts
Jerry...Your car looks great!!!!!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
they would of draged the car from the back for a few feet then they would of hooked it back up again from the front
there should be nothing wrong with you car when you get it back
i have seen this done a millon times

1 - 20 of 27 Posts