The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
phew!

I've been stressing the last couple days. the project manager who is managing my project with organization X has been making me stress my job. I've been getting my shit done, meeting all deadlines, not going over billable hours, etc.

We built a new app to support Organization Y, Z, and 666. We built it using ASP.Net w/C#. It is a MUCH more stable and scalable app. Organization X, against our suggestions decided to keep her app from last year, which is a handed down, MULTI developer, cluster **** of a piece of shit asp app. We told her it would end up costing more money for me to make adjustments to the old app then to simply give her a copy of the new app and modify it to what she wants. Something to the likes of painting a pile of shit gold and calling it gold vs. actually having a piece of gold.

Anyways she (project manager) just "figured" they'd approve the hours since Org X said she wanted me to fix the old app. Organization X tentatively said via email that she'd approve it. She just saw the STUPID amount of work i've had to do spray painting this piece of shit gold and flipped out. SHE_WILL_NOT_PAY_FOR_IT. meaning my company has now paid me for like two months of solid work that they can't bill the client for, oops.

The Project manager had me flipping out the past couple days, thinking I did something wrong. Bitch is in trouble, and apparently a lot of it. I was stressed I was giong to lose this job and I don't want to, it's a solid development team and they are teaching me ASP.Net for free, which will make me much more marketable in the future. I was worried enough, that I began circulating my resume again last night. I was terrified I was going to have to have another bday for my son w/no job, and another holiday season w/no money.

HOLY_WEIGHT_OFF_MY_SHOULDERS.

i need a beer(s).

·
Banned
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
btw, i'm not ignoring you rev. just been busy w/this deadline. i have something for you to help with, it's just taking me longer than expected to get it from dude....

·
Registered
128 Posts
<html>
<head>
<meta name="description" content="still learning">
</head>
<body>
Got HTML down pat; going to hit up <a href="http://www.w3schools.com/js/default.asp">javascript</a> tomorrow.
</body>
</html>

·
Registered
128 Posts
[threadjack]

Javascript is coming along, too. Just sent this to my wife, got a good laugh out of her.

<html>
<head>

<script type="text/javascript">
function myfunction()
{
alert("Adelina!")
}
</script>

</head>
<body>

<form>
<input type="button"