The Nissan Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta 2.5S - Manual. Unpleasantly shocked by the governor holding the car down to 120mph. Even worse, the brilliant news happened while racing a 1999 Maxima on the parkway. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY UPGRADES ON THE CHIP AND IF IT'S ADVISABLE TO DO THIS? Thanks..............pleeeez help!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Check the search, Others have mentioned a device that couples with the speed sensor wire to fool the ecu.

·
Registered
60 Posts
edadams said:
Check the search, Others have mentioned a device that couples with the speed sensor wire to fool the ecu.
that sounds new to me too
wat is that device?

·
LOL AWD
1,774 Posts
Topic revival.
Got a buddy in Europe with a 2005 2.5 manual
He wants to get rid of the governor limit on it.
What's the chip to get?

·
LOL AWD
1,774 Posts
You know, I always get answers like that, but nothing concrete. The Search is polluted also, couldn't find a straight answer.
Do you know?

·
Goose
434 Posts
technosquare ecu reflash

·
LOL AWD
1,774 Posts
Well, given that he's in Europe, as in some thousand miles across the pond, how does he go about that? I suspect they have to have physical access to your ECU, it's not just an ECU replacement, correct?

·
Inland Empire
531 Posts
It goes like this

He disconnects his ECU..He sends it to Technosquare they work their little magic and they send it back to him. Remind you thou he is overseas and I wonder if they will even do it or if your friend even has the patience to wait for it to return.

Just tell him he's SOOL!

·
Majestic '06 3.5SE, 5 spd
2,025 Posts
They may not even do it for a 2.5. All I've ever heard of is them doing reflashes on 3.5s. Not sure though. And the reflash does a lot of other things, plus it costs about $500 plus shipping both ways. You also better have higher speed rated tires if you're gonna do it for higher speed limiter. T rated tires can blow after 118 mph, and V rated after 149 mph. If you want higher you better get Zs.

·
2010 2.5s Sedan
2,516 Posts
pull a nissan tech aside the next time you go to the dealer because different models get different limits and with the right persuasion (a 50 spot) they might be able to reflash your car at the dealer

·
2,025 Posts
Yes. What he ^ said. Plus there's an outfit in Texas that'll sell you a program for your laptop and an OBD connector cable for about $100 less than Technosquare, and you can do the reflash yourself. The web address for the site is Welcome to UpRev - Engine Management Solutions They must be doing website maintenance this morning. I can't get the site to come up, but it worked last night, so give it a try. They also sell Consult-type software so you can do your own diagnostics, etc. From what they say on their site their software is actually better than Consult, in that it will even diagnose things like burned out bulbs, etc. Good luck with it. I plan on buying this as soon as I've got the extra money. UpRev introduces Cipher - Nissan/Infiniti specific Diagnostic & Data System OK try this link. It works. For some reason the other one is not working this morning. One more edit. When you get the Cipher page, click on products and it'll take you to Osiris- that's the program for reflashes.

·
LOL AWD
1,774 Posts
Thank you, I appreciate the great information! I'll relay it all to my friend and see which route he wants to go.
He's the proud owner of the only known of Nissan Altima in Romania :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, um, just to interject for a moment...

Please don't remove the governor on your 2.5 altima unless you buy new tires.

I used to own a '96 maxima with a sagging strut and a major camber issue... but the fact that I had Z rated tires made the car feel SO much safer at 120+ than my 2.5 alti feels, even at only 90mph.

Bottom line is, I don't trust the stock rubber on my altima enough to go anywhere near fast enough to require removing the governor. Be careful with this.

-Alex

·
2,025 Posts
They may not even do it for a 2.5. All I've ever heard of is them doing reflashes on 3.5s. Not sure though. And the reflash does a lot of other things, plus it costs about $500 plus shipping both ways. You also better have higher speed rated tires if you're gonna do it for higher speed limiter. T rated tires can blow after 118 mph, and V rated after 149 mph. If you want higher you better get Zs.
My exact words and double back to him. Very important!

·
Goose
434 Posts
i agree i have a 2005 cavalier thats governed around 108 because of the tires and from experience i would not have wanted to take it higher than that on them...they have since been replaced but i dont remember what with atm i just know they are much better.

·
2010 2.5s Sedan
2,516 Posts
the tires are the most important thing on a car because they are the only things that connect you to the ground !!! i wanted to find the top speed on my car but i changed my tires first to falken ze-512 v rated because the factory bridgestone turanza's suck and are h rated . for a couple hundred buck your car will handle better and you wont get a blow-out at 120+ . cars disintegrate at that speed . and always when your running at hi-speeds make shore your tires are properly inflated . my car is limited at 125 and when i go to the dealer to get an oil change im slippin someone a 50 spot to up it to 140.

·
Unregistered User
221 Posts
I had two guys try and keep up to me on the highway in a Chev cobalt. Since it was a late model chevy I knew that it was governed to about 116-118 mph. I let them creep up beside me until I could see their car hesitate then I looked over and waved bye-bye... and left them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.