The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some legal advice on the situation perferably someone from new york who has been through the same thing..

So im going to school pull off the van wyck towards grand central just as it is about to merge onto grand central in the left lane under the overpass BANG BANG. It hit so hard i though my struts were going to shoot through the hood.

INstantly i knew all the tires were blown.
SO i pull over got the car towed to the school lot , between clases i changed back tot he stock steels. Luckily i was going to take them to my grandmothers basement for storage so they were in my back seat. The truck drive and i figured maybe rim was dented and air let out or something.

So i pulled off the tires both left rims are F'ed up beyond belief.
Front has a 1 foot long maybe 2-3 inch deep section missing from it. cracked right off. The rear has a 2 inch dent in it and cracked right down the middle.
Both lefts have quite large dents in them.
Front struts must have poped, rides like im on a boat.
Over certain bumps the whole front feels like it is jiggling around. I need to get the car checked out further.

now to the point of my story.
I was advised that if the hole was reported by someone but not fixed yet i would definatly get paid in claims court.

Problem is i did not file a police report but i think i could get the truck drive to vouch for me ( At the time i really was not thinking it was that bad and first thing on my mind was to get to class).. if anything i have a reciept of a tow from that location. Tonight i am going to check out the spot and take pictures.

Any suggestions would help.

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and here is the final product. It actully is much deeper than it looks. YOu see it well in the video with oncomming headlights.

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need to find out where i should go to file state claims, otherwise i will file in small claims court.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts