The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to change my fuel filter today, and like most people had some problems. After messing with it for a bit I finally decided to take a break. Five minutes later my mom came in and told me she had gotten it off! What she did was use a hair dryer to heat up the hoses and they slid right off, it worked great.

Just goes to show that a mother with a hair dryer can pull off some amazing things:)

·
22,052 Posts
Good call, but here's my thoughts.

I was using my Mom's hair dryer one day to heat something up, can't rememebr why, but it doesn't matter, but the hair dryer shorted out and shot a small flame out of the front, then it was dead.

Not saying this is very common, but I'd hate to be heating up my fuel line/filter and have a flame shoot out.

·
Like a Villain
3,765 Posts
well if you depressurize the system, wouldn't the risk still be slightly lower? or could there still be gas residue in the lines....

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
The gas vapors from the filter are still pretty strong. You may still ignite something.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Your mom is one creative Lady....

But in the future do not let her come anywhere close to anything fuel related, with a hairdrier/heat source. Count your blessings that nothing happened this time. Gasoline vapors are some of the most flamable compounds out there.
H.

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
:lol: damn, that would've been messed up...u'r mom causing an inferno in your garage with a damn hair dryer

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
I wonder if the head damaged the hose?

Jae

1 - 8 of 8 Posts