The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
im sure they will fit on the engine because its the same engine, but the problem is that I highly doubt that they will fit in our engine bay, the 240sx engine is strait while ous is horizontal, and a header is not something you can do much to, to custom fit because the shape and size are what give you the extra HP.

·
Die Trying
2,554 Posts
no, that header will not work. The bolt pattern will match, but the pipes will go right through the side of the car, if they could. Our engine is mounted transversally, their's is mounted straight. It will not work.

the only headers available are the HotShot and the Stillen

·
459 Posts
You people aren't for real, huh?:rolleyes:
The Y-pipe is so that BOTH headers can connect into ONE main exhaust route...
V-engines have 2 cylinder heads. Hence, header(S).
I-3, 4, 6 engines don't need a Y-pipe because there is NO OTHER HEADER TO JOIN.

Out.

·
Registered
524 Posts
huh? were you talking to me? I sure as hell hope not because I never tried to act like I knew what I was tlaking about. the only things I stated as a fact were - they are the same engine, the ka on the 240sx is mounted verticly, and the shape and size or the header is what gives you extra HP which is why you dont **** with it much to make it fit. which is all true. The rest was all my oppinion. so dont talk shit to me. if that comment was not aimed toward me then disreguard this.

·
Import Tech.
1,903 Posts
I was just thinking , you could get the 240SX header and hang the pipe out the fender in front of the front tire like all of the pro drag cars have them ....That would be cool ...But very very loud ..... Just thinking again ....

·
459 Posts
Heh, heh.:p

Actually, if I remember correctly, the bolt patterns on the two engines differ slightly because of the distributor placement among other things related to its vertical opposition.

Out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts