The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the ground clearance for the new Altima. The warning stickers on the new Altimas have me just a bit concerned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same concern & question.

At a minimum, I would think the warning stickers are for the guys loading/unloading the vehicles. But maybe there is more to it.

It also seems odd that any dealer would leave that warning sticker on the vehicle once it is on the lot!

·
Registered
7 Posts
The ground clearance stickers, as far as I have seen... are the models with the side sills. I also think they are a guide to the dealers...

I wasn't warned about it when I picked up the car... if it was something they wanted passed on to the consumer they most likely would have left something inside the car, hanging off the glove box or somewhere warning us and telling the dealer that it is only to be removed by the buyer...

I have the SE with the sills and the clearance isn't too bad... 6 inches or so I think...

I wouldn't do 50 over a speed bump though...

It isn't like you have no clearance on it... don't be bothered by it... it makes the car look even sweeter!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Matty76

Can you explain a bit more about the side sills? I assume for aerodynamics. When does the Altima have them or not have them??

·
Be very afraid...
4,573 Posts
And can you posts pics of them? I haven't seen any Alty's with side sills on them yet, just color-keyed mud guards.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Just saw an altima for the first time in person upclose. damn...it's like there's no wheel gap. i wonder how much suspension travel is in there...maybe it's like a sentra where it's nearly no travel.
Jay

·
Barkless Dog
806 Posts
Ive had my SE for about a month now and have had to go into some steep entance slopes, noticing all the crapes on the concrete from other cars hitting and have not scrapped yet. also have gone over speed bumps with the same results.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ground clearance

Those stickers are reportedly affixed to the cars as a warning to the car hauler drivers and not to consumers. I don't think the car is really low enough to drag over speed bumps or in / out of driveways. The car I test drove didn't have any problems.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I agree, my driveway is on somewhat of an incline, and I haven't had any problems hitting bottom....although I do turn into the driveway at an angle so as not to take any chances...lol. I have been over many speed bumps without any problems.

Kevin

·
Registered
12 Posts
I mentioned to the salesman today while i was there that i noticed the sticker about the ground clearance and he informed me that it was for the guys that backed it on and off the truck. He said that ever since he had been there the Altima, Sentra, and Maxima all have had the stickers on them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts