The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing my grounding kit from AT on friday and around another 600 miles of driving. I definetly can tell a difference. Here is what I found, Hesitation in engine when downshift Completely gone, Smoother ride, No difference in MPG, When Idleing almost 0 knocks and pings, No difference in brightness of lights, 0 difference in performance, smoother shifting, No difference in start up. Overall best mod for the money. I have 05 3.5, with I/E.

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
well i recieved the proto kit for the 2.5's
very nice looking kit, but after install when i started the car i got an extreamly rough idle to the point where the car stalled out, started it again and service engine light came on.
i left it for a while and tried again. same problem (and yes i attached to correct grounding points that were listed int he install)
being that the SES light was on i removed the grounding kit so the dealer wount give me problems when i take it in to fix the code problem.
well i needed to use the car and figured that as long as im giving it gas and keeping the RPM above 1k ill be fine. started rough but after about 30 min. on the highway going at about 80 mph the light shut its self off and its running fine now. needless to say im not going to put the kit back on. :sad:

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
GTW00 said:
well i recieved the proto kit for the 2.5's
very nice looking kit, but after install when i started the car i got an extreamly rough idle to the point where the car stalled out, started it again and service engine light came on.
i left it for a while and tried again. same problem (and yes i attached to correct grounding points that were listed int he install)
being that the SES light was on i removed the grounding kit so the dealer wount give me problems when i take it in to fix the code problem.
well i needed to use the car and figured that as long as im giving it gas and keeping the RPM above 1k ill be fine. started rough but after about 30 min. on the highway going at about 80 mph the light shut its self off and its running fine now. needless to say im not going to put the kit back on. :sad:
We sent George a kit at no cost for testing purposes. We have found no reason for our kit to cause any such problems. There are countless grounding kits operating without problems on Nissan 2.5s, and it would be rather unusual if the Altima 2.5 was the only vehicle in the world incompatible with a supplemental grounding kit. A subsequent installation on another Nissan 2.5 was problem-free. We have to conclude that some unusual coincidence or intermittent malfunction reared its ugly head in the process of George's installation.

NO MORE KITS AVAILABLE

We would like to offer three free grounding kits to the first three 2,5 owners that respond to this offer, in an attempt to restore our customer's faith in our products. The reason we send out prototype kits for testing is to make sure that there are no issues like this. If you are interested in a free grounding kit for a 2.5, please e-mail me at [email protected] with your full name, address, phone number, and your name on these forums.

- ActiveTuning

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
We would like to offer three free grounding kits to the first three 2,5 owners that respond to this offer, in an attempt to restore our customer's faith in our products. The reason we send out prototype kits for testing is to make sure that there are no issues like this. If you are interested in a free grounding kit for a 2.5, please e-mail me at [email protected] with your full name, address, phone number, and your name on these forums.

- ActiveTuning
Offers like this make me wish I had a third gen.

:)

AT rocks.

·
1998 SE 5 speed
2,485 Posts
We sent George a kit at no cost for testing purposes. We have found no reason for our kit to cause any such problems. There are countless grounding kits operating without problems on Nissan 2.5s, and it would be rather unusual if the Altima 2.5 was the only vehicle in the world incompatible with a supplemental grounding kit. A subsequent installation on another Nissan 2.5 was problem-free. We have to conclude that some unusual coincidence or intermittent malfunction reared its ugly head in the process of George's installation.

- ActiveTuning
Dave,

I personally don't own a 3rd gen but my brother in-law just purchased one. A few weeks ago. Ironically, the first mod I talked him into buying was a used AT grill offa local Canadian member.

Anyway, if you don't mind the tester being in Canada I can tested out on my brother in-law's 2.5. I installed one (DIY) in my 2nd gen and had noticeable improvement in idling, radio sound, smoother rev, etc so I would love to see what it can do for a 3rd gen. This would be a good way for you to get a long term testing through the cold Canadian climate as we head into the winter:p

To prove that my brother in-law does own a 2.5 3rd gen and belongs to altimas.net, his screen ID is "Chingon" I believe.
Let me know.

Thanks
Ken

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
please understand im not trying to go against AT, in fact im a strong supporter of them from the very begining. im just making aware that there is a possibility of a problem. i too do not understand why the kit wount work on my car. but it did.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't know how to post pics, But I will send them to someone if they want to host them. I also have a video of me racing a srt-4 if anyone wants to host. I won btw.

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
lowriderman3 said:
I do not see this happening with whatever grounding points you use. I think something just happend at the same time dealing with the car.
1. i did not have any problem before (i moved the car into the driveway to work on it
2. as soon as i started it i was acting up
3. when i removed it the problem was corrected

now i dont understand why in my situation i ran into a problem. it shouldn;t make a difference. now inless the resistance is difference and the computer picked up on it and was acting a little wacky.

ok please understand that this is only my situation. i recieved the product as a prototype as per fitment reasons. the lenghts of the cables are correct. i verified to mike and dave. my only reasons for posting the problem i ran into is incase they shipped them out, i wanted to make people aware of my situation in case they ran into somethign similar.

Mike and Dave are both excelent people to work with and i am certain that what ever the problem is they will have a solution.
And this situation will not detour me from doing further business with AT. I look foward to seeing lots of new products from them. :bigok:

1 - 20 of 86 Posts